Line of sight website?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jahost

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 2, 2006
Des Moines, IA
What is that website that uses google earth to show if you have a clear line of sight for a satellite? "John"

Does anyone know how often or even if the dishpointer satellite images are updated? The trees in the picture look bare. They have had leaves for several weeks now. "John"

they're using satellite photos which may only get updated every couple of years. Trees are trees... if they've grown, set the height over obstacle accordingly and you'll be fine.

I can't imagine LOS being an issue in an area that is so topographically inert as Des Moines.

Hey! We have hills in Iowa! Mountains no, but much of the state is rolling. ;)

Could be a tree issue. Some of them get pretty tall here, too! ;)

Hey! We have hills in Iowa! Mountains no, but much of the state is rolling. ;)
A friend of mine just moved back from Des Moines. It wasn't so much the featureless landscape but the thunderstorms that ate him up.

Maximum elevation in Iowa: 1640'
Minimum elevation in Iowa: 480'

Nearly 2/3rds of the state is between 800 and 1400'

In contrast, Oregon's elevation ranges from 11,239' to Sea Level.

I experience a 462' drop in elevation in just three miles on my way to work.

I spend a fair amount of time in eastern Oregon most falls and you are right, there isn't much topographical comparison, but a good portion of southern Iowa uses that 600 foot difference over and over again.

Never mind. I no longer need line of sight for 61.5. According to Blue Sky Satellite all of the HD locals for Des Moines will be available off of 129 starting tomorrow. They were scheduled to install a wing dish today but said that would no longer be necessary. "John"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts