line of site issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

poncho72

Original poster
Mar 9, 2008
I had a installer at my house last week, he told me that he found a good spot to point the dish an hour later my wife calls and tells me that the installer made a mistake and couldn't pull signal ( after he drilled holes into my roof ). Anyway, he surveyed my yard and found that the only viable spot was 6 feet away from my house in my front yard about 10 feet from my street/sidewalk. After he found that spot he told my wife that we would have to call " One Call " to locate utilities and he packed up and left. My wife then called DTV and told them about the situation and they said they would send a supervisor out to my place that day or the next and they would get back to us ( they thought maybe the supervisor would find a more suitable spot for the dish ), at this point it's been 5 days and we haven't heard a word.

The biggest question I have right now. If I don't want a dish located somewhere on my property and they can't find another line of site, am I obligated under contract to continue my order with DTV or am I free and clear since I haven't activated any service.

No install signed off on and no service = no commitment. I would have also called them back by now. Give them other go.

Since your system has not been activated you are not under any contract. I would be pissed about the roof. Call Direct back.

Yup. sure hope they patched the holes before he left in case of rain.... :mad:

Status
Please reply by conversation.