line of site issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.

poncho72

Original poster
Mar 9, 2008
I had a installer at my house last week, he told me that he found a good spot to point the dish an hour later my wife calls and tells me that the installer made a mistake and couldn't pull signal ( after he drilled holes into my roof ). Anyway, he surveyed my yard and found that the only viable spot was 6 feet away from my house in my front yard about 10 feet from my street/sidewalk. After he found that spot he told my wife that we would have to call " One Call " to locate utilities and he packed up and left. My wife then called DTV and told them about the situation and they said they would send a supervisor out to my place that day or the next and they would get back to us ( they thought maybe the supervisor would find a more suitable spot for the dish ), at this point it's been 5 days and we haven't heard a word.

The biggest question I have right now. If I don't want a dish located somewhere on my property and they can't find another line of site, am I obligated under contract to continue my order with DTV or am I free and clear since I haven't activated any service.

No install signed off on and no service = no commitment. I would have also called them back by now. Give them other go.

Since your system has not been activated you are not under any contract. I would be pissed about the roof. Call Direct back.

Yup. sure hope they patched the holes before he left in case of rain.... :mad:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)