linear LNBF or circular LNBF

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fire1000

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 14, 2010
henderson,ky
Hi i'm new so be nice. this may sound like an dum butt Q. but i got to know what one is better to use for fta sat. A linear LNBF or circular LNBF. I use an Universal daul c-band linear LNBF and on galaxy 16. I only get world harvest tv why can I not get wapa or familynet or the other ch's do I need to use that thing that makes it an circular LNBF to get the other ch's? allso on my receiver I only use blind scan becuse gax 16 is not one of sat ?I can pick from.
thanks,
fire1000

Circular is only used for some sats over the atlantic...G16 a Linear works fine

WAPA is gone...been gone for a while
FamilyNet I have never been able to get so I dont know if its even there

I get everything on thelist with a 6 footer and a dual LNBF from SatelliteAV

Circular is mainly used for subscription TV. Linear is 99% of the FTA.
Bob

cool thanks for the help. I better look at that list better next time. I must be doing good then I have an big dish for long time but quit useing it about 10 years ago. I noice that I can only get one ch on it gax16 ch 16. do we have an list for c-band here too?
thanks,
fire1000

cool thanks for the help. I better look at that list better next time. I must be doing good then I have an big dish for long time but quit useing it about 10 years ago. I noice that I can only get one ch on it gax16 ch 16. do we have an list for c-band here too?
thanks,
fire1000

Channel 16 is analog. There are only a couple analog TP's active on G16

16 Shepherd's Chapel
17/18/19 are on once in a while and have feeds

What receiver do you have?

for my FTA I use an satwork st-3618 works good I use the blind scan. allsohave an traxis dbs-1500 and a satnsound 6600 IR but can't find any sats with them they don't have an blind scan and wend I use the manual search I can find anything. very odd I sure they work I'm just don't know how to use them. I like the old day where receivers where all you had to do was trun it on move the dish up and down till an pic come in. then all you had to do was set it up from there. my old c-band receivers are an navigator and an general instrument and a old sony satellite receiver fsr-2000 that
I got from an school auction . the sony one don't let you move the dish up and down but the other two do. just got into this FTA this year. in march at the ham fest in cave city some one had the 3 FTA receivers I just talk about and the ku lnb a small dish all for $20.00 woo hooo .
he was selling them becouse he told me there was no ch's.
hook the satwork up used my dual c-band lnb my big dish point it at gax 16.
and BAM got ch's babby. gax 16 is the only thing mark on my big dish I have to use my sat finder for the ohters even then I don't know where I at. there no longer called g5 ts5 g16 ts15 now it's 99.0 w and 84.7 w I have to find out what all that is. I'm a old school c-band user wend back in the day there was like 1,000 of ch's. it took me an hour to scan the ch's.
I even rember an ch that was an Security Camera looking out in an parking lot LOL. them where the days.

Go to the C band sub forum and re educate yourself.Lots of info and help.I'm too green wit c band to help other than that.G'luck

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)