Linkbox LinkBox 9000I Signal Quality / Intensity Indicators

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nbkhwjm

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 20, 2016
Central Alabama, USA
All,

Im new to FTA, I got a LinkBox 9000i and am trying to get my first satellite signal. Ive noticed that no matter where i point the dish, it never moves from Signal Intensity (SI) of 49% and Signal Quality (SQ) of 10%.

Ive used Dishpointer, and various other apps to point the dish. The TV and box are right next to the dish, and i'm slowly moving the dish, L, R, U, D but the bar never moves..

Replaced the Coax with known good coax, shorter than 10 feet long

I originally thought it was the LNB, so I replaced that with a new one, still the same.

Is this normal? Ideas?

Ive ordered a signal meter, but apparently its being shipped by pack mule.. :-(

Chris

What dish and LNBF are you using? What satellite are you trying to hit?
Do you have a good known transponder entered in. Do you have the LO set properly to match your LNBF?

Thank you for your reply..

What dish and LNBF are you using?
Its an EPS-020 by SPC Electronics.. Got it new.. I have also 2 Norsat 1209HA also that didnt work. i thought they were bad so i replaced them....

What satellite are you trying to hit?
Galaxy 19

Do you have a good known transponder entered in.
how do i know which one is known good? Im doing blind scans..

Do you have the LO set properly to match your LNBF?
from whay i can tell its 10.750, unless ive got bad info..

If you are not aligned properly you can blind scan all day with nothing.
You can go to Sathint.com for active transponders...but
Put this one in 12152 H 20000. Then use that one to tune with. Also make sure you go to dishpointer.com and enter your address, select G19 from the list and then go to bottom and get skew, so you can skew your LNB properly.
If the skew is not set right you will not get anything either.

Reactions: nbkhwjm and a33
If you are not aligned properly you can blind scan all day with nothing.
You can go to Sathint.com for active transponders...but
Put this one in 12152 H 20000. Then use that one to tune with. Also make sure you go to dishpointer.com and enter your address, select G19 from the list and then go to bottom and get skew, so you can skew your LNB properly.
If the skew is not set right you will not get anything either.

OK Ill check these points...

an update... My external signal strength meter showed up and within 30 seconds i had a signal.. however the transponders i was looking for wasn't showing anything.. On G19 i can only get 20, 21, 22.. only then does the Linkbox show signal strength...

thanks for everyones help..

Here is an image of the Sats sitting on their soon to be home..

For the Military people, its an S-280 Shelter with workbenches and shelving, a full "shop"
Its also my soon to be Ham shack.. it gets mounted on a trailer later...

20170116_155424.jpg

Reactions: Titanium
An update...

Ive built a simple 24vDC controller to move this thing around so i don't have to crank it.. i don't have any AZ EL feedback but i can position it.. so I can RX channels... working on the controller now...

design uses a Raspberry PI driven PWM controller with GPIO feedback on a custom board... nothing like overkill...

Chris

Reactions: Titanium
The issue with this one is that its mobile and has AZ / EL and Pol, from an unknown position... i have a GPS, Electronic Compass, Tilt sensor and Clinometer to figure in.. fortunately the hardware is all there, but plugged into a proprietary controller...

I can do the proper AZ / EL calculations from my LAT/Long via GPS and will need to factor in initial tilt, clinometer and compass to make it point correctly..

Im a bit geeked out, i write boring ass code for work, this is at least fun..

Chris

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)