This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Linksys E2000 and 722 connection Problem

shutt94

Original poster
Jan 21, 2012
Western Kentucky
Apologies in advance for the length of this post.

I have a VIP 722 with wifi and sling adapters attached. I am trying to connect wirelessly through a Linksys E2000 router connected to a Westco 6100 DSL modem with service provided by ATT. The day I received and hooked up the sling adapter, I could access my DVR using the Dish app on my cell phone, and everything seemed to work as it should.

Tried the phone app a couple of weeks later, and I get a receiver not connected message. Sure enough, the DVR tells me that it is not connected, even though it passes the wireless connection test on the 722. I have several other devices connected to this router, and they all work with no problems. At this point, I hooked the 722 directly to my Westco modem with a temporary cable and I get a connection. I then hooked the 722 to a free port on the E2000, but it will still not connect, although I can see where the router assigned the 722 an IP address.

Next, I removed the E2000 and hooked up an old Linksys WRT54GS and the 722 connects wirelessly, and everything appears to be working. I have compared settings on both routers, and they appear to be the same.

Has anyone else had problems connecting through a Linksys E2000 router?

I'm going to give you a suggestion, but in reality I haven't a clue what your problem is. Since AT&T changes your IP address all the time. Check your IP settings. Since your 722 is only hooked up through your router I would make sure the 722 actually uses your routers IP vs. your internet IP address. I've been lucky and AT&T doesn't change my IP address too often. Usually only when the modem is resest. I have a camera security system that I monitor with my Iphone, but if my IP changes then I can't acess it until I get back home to see what my IP address change to so I can reset it on my Iphone. My computer will always keep it monitored because I can actually set the routers IP vs. the Internet IP with my computer, but I must use my internet IP through my Iphone. So if it changes I can't monitor it

I have the E2000 and used a 722k with it, but never wirelessly, always used a cable. The E2000 gives me problems on the wireless end with other devices at times, so I wouldn't be suprized you have issues. When I have issues I do a router power cycle to reset it.