Linksys E2000 and 722 connection Problem

shutt94

Original poster
Jan 21, 2012
Western Kentucky
Apologies in advance for the length of this post.

I have a VIP 722 with wifi and sling adapters attached. I am trying to connect wirelessly through a Linksys E2000 router connected to a Westco 6100 DSL modem with service provided by ATT. The day I received and hooked up the sling adapter, I could access my DVR using the Dish app on my cell phone, and everything seemed to work as it should.

Tried the phone app a couple of weeks later, and I get a receiver not connected message. Sure enough, the DVR tells me that it is not connected, even though it passes the wireless connection test on the 722. I have several other devices connected to this router, and they all work with no problems. At this point, I hooked the 722 directly to my Westco modem with a temporary cable and I get a connection. I then hooked the 722 to a free port on the E2000, but it will still not connect, although I can see where the router assigned the 722 an IP address.

Next, I removed the E2000 and hooked up an old Linksys WRT54GS and the 722 connects wirelessly, and everything appears to be working. I have compared settings on both routers, and they appear to be the same.

Has anyone else had problems connecting through a Linksys E2000 router?

I'm going to give you a suggestion, but in reality I haven't a clue what your problem is. Since AT&T changes your IP address all the time. Check your IP settings. Since your 722 is only hooked up through your router I would make sure the 722 actually uses your routers IP vs. your internet IP address. I've been lucky and AT&T doesn't change my IP address too often. Usually only when the modem is resest. I have a camera security system that I monitor with my Iphone, but if my IP changes then I can't acess it until I get back home to see what my IP address change to so I can reset it on my Iphone. My computer will always keep it monitored because I can actually set the routers IP vs. the Internet IP with my computer, but I must use my internet IP through my Iphone. So if it changes I can't monitor it

I have the E2000 and used a 722k with it, but never wirelessly, always used a cable. The E2000 gives me problems on the wireless end with other devices at times, so I wouldn't be suprized you have issues. When I have issues I do a router power cycle to reset it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)