Lip-sync Problems on all VOOM Channels

VoomerGuy

Original poster
Mar 16, 2005
Sorry if this has already been discussed here but I'm a new VOOMer. I've had my service for about two months now and I love it! Except, I have noticed that practically all the channels have a slight lip-sync problem. Has anyone else noticed any lip-sync/sound delay problems? I transferrd to VOOM satellite service from digital cable and did not have the lip-sync problem with cable.

Any info you have would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bruce
VOOMERGUY

Lip Sync Problems with VOOM

Sorry if this has already been discussed here but I'm a new VOOMer. I've had my service for about two months now and I love it! Except, I have noticed that practically all the channels have a slight lip-sync problem. Has anyone else noticed any lip-sync/sound delay problems? I transferrd to VOOM satellite service from digital cable and did not have the lip-sync problem with cable.

Any info you have would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bruce
VOOMERGUY

I had this issue a while back. Try doing a hard reset of your box. (turn off, unplug, wait a few minutes, then plug in again).
I am not exactly sure what solved it for me, but it is fine now.
oh, of course if you noticed it only on FU, that's ok. ;)

I can't offer any help, but I occasionally notice this on a few OTA channels, but I think it has to do with audio-synch problems at the station. Typically the problem is only during the program itself, not during commercials, and sometimes will resolve itself later in the program.

Also I notice this problem when I accidentally leave the my TV set to receive video from my TiVo and the audio direct from the Voom box. Obviously the TiVo box causes a tiny delay to the signal.

CDH.

Threads merged.

Also look at what processing is in the audio chain versus the video chain in your setup. Your surround sound processor can possibly induce some delay on the 5.1 stuff or if you are using some special DSP mode. Does it happen with both DD and non-DD programming? How have you got the Voom STB set up to process audio?

Doug

Almost all digital channels have lip sync issues at one time or other. I've seen it ever since I got Dish back in 97 and see it a lot with OTA channels.

I've been having the sync problem more than usual lately on all channels. WETA (PBS-26) in the DC area is notorious for this, so I expect it from them, but lately sync has been off on Comedy Central and other SD cable channels as well as the OTA and Voom channels. I run sound from the Voom STB to a HK AVR525 receiver and usually employ the DTS Neo 6 DSP, but the problem exists in stereo mode and also through the digital coax hookup too. I run the video directly into a Panny CT-32HX42 tube through the component inputs (no DVI or otherwise digital hookups on this HDTV). When the sync problem is happening, it's usually the video that's a step ahead of the sound so perhaps I'll try routing the video signal through the HK too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts