List of HD Channels NOT Available on Dish Network: Version 2 Updated

I am particularly interested in knowing when my show "Breaking Bad" on AMC will be broadcast by Dish Network in HD.

Jerry,

Don't hold your breath. Rainbow owns AMC, Rainbow is also the company involved in VOOM. Dish and Rainbow are currently in litigation over the VOOM issue. I doubt you will see any Rainbow channels HD added in the near term.

John

I am particularly interested in knowing when my show "Breaking Bad" on AMC will be broadcast by Dish Network in HD.

Season is almost over now. I have FIOS and DirecTV in my home and neither provider has AMC HD. It is so annoying. So Dish still doesn't have it up either. I know Time Warner/Bright House is getting it but I am not switching back to them.

Of all the channels in HD I don't get, I really want AMC HD. I only watch Breaking Bad on there and I want to see it in HD.

I'm also kind of disappointed that they didn't release the show on Bluray in HD for season 1. I bought the DVD and will buy it again if they do a future Bluray. It is the best show on TV.

Jerry,

Don't hold your breath. Rainbow owns AMC, Rainbow is also the company involved in VOOM. Dish and Rainbow are currently in litigation over the VOOM issue. I doubt you will see any Rainbow channels HD added in the near term.

John

Season is almost over now. I have FIOS and DirecTV in my home and neither provider has AMC HD. It is so annoying. So Dish still doesn't have it up either. I know Time Warner/Bright House is getting it but I am not switching back to them.

Of all the channels in HD I don't get, I really want AMC HD. I only watch Breaking Bad on there and I want to see it in HD.

I'm also kind of disappointed that they didn't release the show on Bluray in HD for season 1. I bought the DVD and will buy it again if they do a future Bluray. It is the best show on TV.

:river Now I'm sad. But thinks for giving it to me straight.

I know I might have things thrown at me for saying this on a "channels not available in HD on Dish" post, but right now with the recent viacom adds, pretty darn happy with the HD channels we have, CNBC is going to be added soon

I guess if I had to put wish list one out it would be ESPNU in HD, as well as Fox RSN games that are televised in HD to be shown in HD.

I am very happy with the HD we have now, almost everything i watch is in HD
If only there were ESPNU HD
Fox Soccer Channel HD
Telemundo HD
Univision HD
Gol TV HD (which dish doesn't even have in SD)
And more HD Locals
Then, i would be the happiest guy on earth

The missing HD complaints have dropped considerably. The most watched channels are in HD (if you count the part time RSNs as HD). I suspect the rest of the year will be pretty slow. Perhaps they will move a block of RSNs to full time soon allowing them to pick up some of the missing RSN in part time HD. Then just a few channel additions here and there. There is not a lot of capacity remaining, so it will be slow until they get another satellite up.

HD PBS

I receive PBS which is channel 13 in New York, and I also can receive on 6000 series but it is not HD. ANy comment why they do not have public tv in HD. Why do I not get Channel 13 HD on the Dish Network in Long Island?

Last edited:
MASN HD

I just noticed this thread, and I see that Mid Atlantic Sports Network (MASN) HD is listed in orange - was this announced or is it uplinked? This is the first I've heard of this, and I hope it happens quickly.

Sorry about that! it was simply a reaction on my part to an unfounded hateful comment. Keeping it fair and balanced.

Them- "Fox News caters to white people"

You- "MSNBC viewers are semi-retarded and support segregation. "

Yeah, that seems pretty fair and balanced. :rolleyes:

So, time for an update?

MSNBC is live on Dish.

Also seems TCM, HLN, and TruTV have all launched HD channels.

Another great feature (I might do myself) is a separate list only showing channels that Dish carries in SD (and in what package).

MSNBC is NOT live to Turbo HD subscribers. It is in red and joins the other 7 channels that aren't available even in Turbo Gold + Platinum despite the fact that we're paying for it.

Change your pack and get it. This thread is about channels you can't get AT ALL.

I too would love to see MASN-HD as well. I was told by a CSR at MASN that they offered it to DishNetwork as part of their deal with MASN and MASN2 with no additional charges/fees.

They also told me that he couldn't say if Dish would carry it this year.

What about a list of HD locals that are AVAILABLE, but for some reason I still can't see them. And when i call they tell me there not AVAILABLE. LOL Because they don't know how to fix our problem.

What about a list of HD locals that are AVAILABLE, but for some reason I still can't see them. And when i call they tell me there not AVAILABLE. LOL Because they don't know how to fix our problem.

Wha, Wha What?

I'm also hoping AMCHD comes soon since the launch of the new "The Prisoner" Mini-Series will launch later this year but if the litigation with Rainbow doesn't resolve soon, it will be a shame.

I'm also hoping AMCHD comes soon since the launch of the new "The Prisoner" Mini-Series will launch later this year but if the litigation with Rainbow doesn't resolve soon, it will be a shame.

Join the crowd in waiting for AMC HD. I have FIOS and DirecTV and have been dying to get my Breaking Bad in HD. Season 3 won't start until probably march. Hopefully by then!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)