This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

List of HD Channels NOT Available on Dish Network

I don't really miss the Voom channels, but I believe they should be included for the sake of thoroughness.

What is the difference between Hallmark Channel 187 on E* vs the channels you have listed? Both are called Hallmark Channel HD.

E* carries Hallmark MOVIE Channel in HD, not the regular Hallmark Channel.

However, I'm not sure Hallmark Channel HD exists. I have seen it listed incorrectly in a few places. If you google it, you'll find references to it where they clearly mean Hallmark MOVIE Channel HD.

MSNBC HD currently exists?

It was supposed to by now, but I don't think it ever happened. FiOS had it on some channel lists that were supposed to take effect in late July, but then they pulled it.

BTW...29HD or whatever they call it is a web channel at this point. It's been on the coming soon lists for 4 or 5 years, but it's just some video clips online. (Unless something has changed in the last few months.)

Moved a couple of voom channels that were still in "Channels currently available & have never been on Dishnetwork"
Moved some channels that I couldn't find if they existed yet ie... 29HD which is a broadband only channel

Isn't there anymore channels in HD out there?

Thanks to DBSOgre for the list, which was a great idea. Correct any thats needed (add, subtract, update, etc. ), then we 'll have a list which all can refer too and call on dish to get that national HD channel. When we get a up to date list, Scott or another mod can copy the list for a sticky. If someone wants to add a rsn or local HD market list add it.

Last edited:
Wine Network, I actually spoke with somebody over email. They intend to launch into the US with HD and the regular network simultaneously. Like Wealth TV is, in a way. Probably not coming until next year though.

I updated the initial post with everybody's ideas and the like. You'll find it a lot more organized. If anybody knows about ANY HD channels that can be added to the list, please post and I'd be happy to keep this updated. Smoky, I believe the 5 RSN's I have on the list are the only ones not "available" on Dish Network. I understand most aren't 24/7 yet though, so I plan on updating the RSN list later on tonight. Will probably do the local market list tomorrow.

So far there is only TWO of those channels I would watch. That is American Movie Classics HD, and Turner Classic Movies. And that is only if they show the movies in OAR.

No wonder why I would love to see ala carte. Less is actually more... more money in my pocket.

Jerry

Thanks DBSOgre for all the work on the list. Now Dish add these 84 and more HD locals in the next year, then maybe everyone will be happy.

I agree, not including the premium channels, there are about 2-4 regular channels that I would like to see in HD. I realize everyone is different, but there isn't a whole lot of quality stations in that list IMHO.

One more thing, Dish add them at full HD, nothing less. But before you add them make the ones we have full HD first.:

One more thing, Dish add them at full HD, nothing less. But before you add them make the ones we have full HD first.:

I would rather have many channels in HD Lite than have to wait for Dish to have the capability to go 1080x1920i. It would be great to have our cake and eat it, too, but that's not happening.

Anyway, perhaps the list could be further sorted by provider. It would be interesting to see who Dish has to work with to get these channels. Obviously, Viacom/MTV Networks, Fox, and Rainbow Media are 3 of the big ones.

Great Updated List. A list of nationally and regionally available satellite / cable channels.

Shouldn't the YES Network be on that list? All the rest of the New York RSNs are. Do they at least carry NESN-HD now?

YES is in there now in the "Sport Pack" area that should be renamed the RSN / Sport Package area.

Some regional cable channels could be considered in a way like NY1 around the NYC area. Almost all cable systems (TWC & Cablevision) carry this all news channel around NYC and it's available in HD. Channels such as this could be considered for the list. NY1-HD would be a nice addition to Dish and why not especially since it's available to multiple cable carriers?

I for one want a few of those in HD. Comedy Central HD, Crime & Investigation Network HD, ESPNU HD, Fuel HD, Fuse HD, FX HD, Mojo, Nickelodeon HD, Soundtrack Channel HD, Spike TV HD, TruTV HD and ALL of the Showtime HD channels would be nice. I think Dish wants all customers to be happy, and I realize FX HD probably won't be one of the cheapest HD channels. I just think that lineup would make my HD TV viewing complete.

Your list was still off a bit