List of New Channels onDish

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
i created a pdf file of what HD Channels that i want to see added onto Dish Network let me know what you think of it and which HD Channels you would like to see added onto Dish Network.Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Bluegras

View attachment DishNewHDChannels.PDF

I haven't studied your list, because most of those channels listed I could care less about, however, I did note that TCM was listed and already is on DISH as an HD channel. I don't believe they are showing HD content though... that's not something Dish can control (unless I'm missing something here). There might be others in that category, but again, I'm not really familiar with most of those channels on your list....

i created a pdf file of what HD Channels that i want to see added onto Dish Network let me know what you think of it and which HD Channels you would like to see added onto Dish Network.Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Bluegras

View attachment 64125

I find that if I don't have enough channels to watch the best and fastest way to get them is to upgrade my package.:):D

And since Dish Network has frozen prices until 2013,if we get any more channels added, then we should feel fortunate.:)

Yes, haven't we had a few threads like this in the past 6 months????
How about in the last few weeks, started by the same person. :)

What I fear is if DISH and DISNEY come to a deal they might not have room to add 7 channels back in. Bandwidth is getting tight.

Yet people want more and more HD channels and looking at the list most of them that most folks will never watch... (And most of them that have almost no HD content.)

Why are we requesting channels that we would never watch? Just to say we have a lot of HD channels?

Besides the DISNEY HD channels I can only pick about 3 - 4 channels which might be worthy of taking up what little satellite transponder space is left. The rest are junk.

The channel that I really miss is ABCFamily HD. I used to watch it a lot but I have stopped watching it since the SD version is so grainy. I hope that Disney and DISH can resolvetheir dispute but I am afraid that it will drag on until ESPN HD comes up for renewal.

How about in the last few weeks, started by the same person. :)

What I fear is if DISH and DISNEY come to a deal they might not have room to add 7 channels back in. Bandwidth is getting tight.

Yet people want more and more HD channels and looking at the list most of them that most folks will never watch... (And most of them that have almost no HD content.)

Why are we requesting channels that we would never watch? Just to say we have a lot of HD channels?

Besides the DISNEY HD channels I can only pick about 3 - 4 channels which might be worthy of taking up what little satellite transponder space is left. The rest are junk.

the few i do request i will watch

Looking at your list.

Did you just look at the program guide and just listed all the channels that currently don't have HD counterparts? Or do these channels either 1. Have HD feeds? Or 2. Have a significant amount of current or future HD content?

I mean, I wouldn't mind being able to thump my HD chest as much as the next guy, but I really think any additions at this point should be stations with a significant amount of viewership and content.

oh by the way i would like to see new hd channels sorry i keep doing the same thread all of time Scott you are right about Disney about their 7 channels i wonder if they have enough bandwidth to add back those HD Channels.i know i keep sending requests all the time i am so passionate i want to see alot more HD Channels.i am still waiting for my PBS Locals out of Chixago in HD even though we are #3 DMA of the list.I am sorry

Allen

As long as DISH has more HD channels that I watch than DirecTV then I'm satisfied. Most of the channels listed in these threads are as Scott stated, useless, or would only benefit a handful of people out of 14 million customers. As for Disney I couldn't care less as I don't care about watching Hannah Montana in HD nor do I care about ABC Family so we can watch Pat Robertson in HD or Gilmore Girls or whatever crap they've got on. All that crap is mostly crap that little kids and old people like. I don't think they're too concerned about HD.

I'd rather lose Disney HD than lose channels completely (DirecTV/G4.)

Dish Network needs to add an HD channel that takes all the people who consistently moan about Dish Network, sitting at a table 24/7 complaining about Dish not doing this or that. The Primetime Schedule could be:

6 PM - Where is my Local Forecast?!!!! (granted, that'd be nice to have)
7 PM - Why Dish Network Should Have All The HD Channels I Want, and Lose All The Rest
7:30 PM - Why Dish Should Get Rid of the Sports Channels
8 PM - 24/7 HD RSNs
9 PM - 2 hr special on channels Dish should have
11 PM - News program that lists channels Dish doesn't have in HD
11:30 PM - News program that lists channels Dish doesn't have in HD but should
12:00 AM - Snuggie Infomercial in HD

By the way, Gilmore Girls is actually good stuff. Wouldn't think so, but it was good. I don't think I get ABC Fam anymore though.

i know i keep sending requests all the time i am so passionate i want to see alot more HD Channels.
Did asking Santa for one of everything that We Be Toys stocks work when you were younger?

You should also consider that posting repeatedly here isn't likely to impress anyone at DISH Network. It is only going to annoy the locals; few (if any) of whom have any measurable influence with DISH's programming department.

Judging from the breadth of the channels you listed, I'm going out on a limb and suggest that there are probably some that you couldn't care less about. Several don't even exist as linear channels.

If I recall, there are about six slots left. You need to concentrate on channels that actually have meaning to you. Anything else is going to get in the way of what you really want.

Dish Network needs to add an HD channel that takes all the people who consistently moan about Dish Network, sitting at a table 24/7 complaining about Dish not doing this or that. The Primetime Schedule could be:

6 PM - Where is my Local Forecast?!!!! (granted, that'd be nice to have)
7 PM - Why Dish Network Should Have All The HD Channels I Want, and Lose All The Rest
7:30 PM - Why Dish Should Get Rid of the Sports Channels
8 PM - 24/7 HD RSNs
9 PM - 2 hr special on channels Dish should have
11 PM - News program that lists channels Dish doesn't have in HD
11:30 PM - News program that lists channels Dish doesn't have in HD but should
12:00 AM - Snuggie Infomercial in HD

By the way, Gilmore Girls is actually good stuff. Wouldn't think so, but it was good. I don't think I get ABC Fam anymore though.

Dish Network actually has that somewhat it's Ch.5710 the HD Test Channel.;)

Probably a Noob Question: Replace/Augment 61.5

VIP 722 DVR problems and over-all sluggishness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)