List of New Channels onDish

six slots left

with six slots left does that mean there are only room for six more HD Channels?

The only ones that i think we will might be getting and i want know what you think of these
The Outdoor ChannelHD,FearnetHD,WeathernationHD,The PentagonHD,,Game Show NetworkHD,NASAHD

The only ones that i think we will might be getting and i want know what you think of these
The Outdoor ChannelHD,FearnetHD,WeathernationHD,The PentagonHD,,Game Show NetworkHD,NASAHD

I googled "weathernationhd" because I have never heard of it and it turned up 4 results. All of them were posts from you on satelliteguys, facebook, and dbstalk.

Whats your deal?

About the only one from that list that might make is is Outdoor Channel HD, which has been in testing on DISH a few times.

FearNet HD has a very limited schedule and just repeats over and over.
WeatherNationHD hasn't launched yet
The Pentagon Channel HD launches in September and DISH already carries it in SD as a Public Interest Channel. I dont see DISH adding a HD Public Interest Channel.
GSN HD only has about an hour a day in HD. The rest of the shows are not in SD. (Although MatchGame 74 would be cooler in HD) :D
NASA HD while decent (I watch it on my C Band dish) does not have a large audience. DISH can see how many people are watching any channel and the low viewship makes it a waste of HD transponder space.

with six slots left does that mean there are only room for six more HD Channels?
That would seem to follow. Looking at the announced launch schedules, the remaining slots situation isn't likely to improve any time soon.

Whether the number is accurate or not, I wouldn't recommend going after more than a couple of the most critical channels. This is in stark contrast to your blunderbuss approach of requesting everything extant and then some.

scott what does it mean when there are only six slots left?oh i talked to the vp of weathernation and this is what he told me in a email

Allen,

Thank you for your inquiry. Yes, our service is available in both HD and SD. We would be happy to provide our service to DirecTV or Dish Network, should and when they elect to carry it.

Last edited:
It will be available in both HD and SD. Its not on the air yet.

Six slots left means just that... it is estimated that 6 national HD channel slots are available in the bandwidth they have.

will they be launching a new satellite in the future to add HD locals and HD Channels?

Yes, but when will they add WeatherNation HD? I got an email from them. Oh, and are they launching any satelites? Is there any change to the satellite launching schedule now? :D

Last edited:

Probably a Noob Question: Replace/Augment 61.5

VIP 722 DVR problems and over-all sluggishness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)