Listen to this line D* gave a friend of mine

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wetz73

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 7, 2007
Eureka, IL
He had an install today and was supposed to get a HD-DVR with a coax antenna input to DVR local HD channels. The guy shows up without that box but has one without that box but has a "new" one without the input. My friend tells him he doesn't want that one, so the guy says (paraphrased), "On March 1, it is mandatory by law that all satellite companies provide local HD broadcasting because that is the only way they can do it digitally."

ok, so we have a D* installer that has no clue what he is talking about. What does this have to do with E*?

Actually, it just shows that that guy was misinformed. Both companies have their good and bad installers, most of them dont actually work directly for either company.

It is my experience however D*'s handling of installation is much worse.
I have generally had great installs with both, however the one guy that I thought was a little ignorant of what he was doing did happen to be a D* installer.
Many others have had the reverse experience.

I have certainly run into my share of bad installers, no matter which service you opt for.

Really dumb! IMHO! Both companys clearly have ups and downs. Maybe your friend should have said ,I want to use OTA or I want an H-20 or HR-20. Instead of saying "coax thinggies"!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)