LISTEN UP! Contacting CSR Tier, with regards to anything CE related.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The two of you really need to quit being babies. If you dont have the gusto to be a beta tester, then dont.

The rest of us will and gladly enjoy it.

I can see both side of the argument; as I beta test a lot of different products.I usually get some kind of special site or phone number to the actual engineers ( someone that is running the testing) in case there is a problem plus I was required to answer specific questions they wanted answered. I also got my service for free (if there was a monthly fee)when I was testing the hardware as long as I was in the beta program or until the testing ended.
That being said the way D* has decided to do it i think make the updates come out a little faster than your average beta testing does.

That is the right terminology Subs are being used with the intent that this is a privilege thats allowing you to be involved. Which to people looks appealing. This is clearly the intent and they know it. Oldest trick in the book that still works. It makes people overlook the risks. Like I said once and I'll say it again,Make it Private. Give who wants to be invloved a password to a seperate thread, sign a contract Knowing Fully the risks that comes with this,and if they Call D* they are banned from the CE releases.

IF you make it private then you are eliminating a ton of people as well as sites.
I for one, am glad that this info is being shared among sites, I would not like to know that only ONE place you could do this type of testing.
If you made it private then most here would not know about it. I am one of them.

Everyone knows the risks IF they read the guidelines.

Jimbo

I agree, most beta tests give you newsgroups and phone numbers for support. Why can't directv do the same??

I suppose if I keep posting that sentence eventually you will understand it. :rolleyes:

No, maybe not. I've been baby-sitter for a few beta cycles. The applications have been infrastructure-type, running on high-end non-intel servers.

The beta testers have included very large banking instutions; car manufacturers; and other industrial customers. All paying customers although they did not test in production environments. It's done all the time.

D* CE subs are paying customers testing in a production environment. The difference is the risk. If you aren't willing to risk losing your tV service temporarily, then you should not beta test.

Otherwise CE subs are the perfect beta testers. No sandbox environment will ever really match real-world experience.

I agree, most beta tests give you newsgroups and phone numbers for support. Why can't directv do the same??

Anybody who read the CE agreement should have understood that satguys and dbstalk are (a) venues to report problems/bugs; and (b) peer-support forums.

Nobody pays extra for CE code. Accesss to CE features is not part of your user agreement. It's optional. If the level of support does not meet your needs then simply do not participate.

Call CSR anytime and let them know they need to do better!

Your the customer, and unpaid by the way for hours of work I might add. Earl we know you get paid, you brag about your connections and degrees, whatever, who in the heck do you think you are?

Stick with DBStalk and leave this chat alone. You dump anyone who doesn't subscribe and pay your posse, like a gang thing, if you don't like someone, regardless of their accuracy you boot them. So we are not fools. Stop being a control freak, your getting paid, your online nearly 24hrs a day, how could you possibly have another job? We are not stupid Earl.

Let's not be chicken over them and kiss you know what. They are disrespecting us. If you are not getting good service, don't call DBStalk, call DirecTV. A select few moderators get their payday, and use us as guinea pigs. Screw CE. Screw moderators pay checks, and how they treat us.
mad.gif

icon11.gif
Cutting Edge is not for Earl, Stuart, or DBStalk..

Last edited:
Your the customer, and unpaid by the way for hours of work I might add. Earl we know you get paid, you brag about your connections and degrees, whatever, who in the heck do you think you are?

Stick with DBStalk and leave this chat alone. You dump anyone who doesn't subscribe and pay your posse, like a gang thing, if you don't like someone, regardless of their accuracy you boot them. So we are not fools. Stop being a control freak, your getting paid, your online nearly 24hrs a day, how could you possibly have another job? We are not stupid Earl.

Let's not be chicken over them and kiss you know what. They are disrespecting us. If you are not getting good service, don't call DBStalk, call DirecTV. A select few moderators get their payday, and use us as guinea pigs. Screw CE. Screw moderators pay checks, and how they treat us.
mad.gif

icon11.gif
Cutting Edge is not for Earl, Stuart, or DBStalk..

I completely disagree with you and that is all I will say about it. If you plan on attacking DBSTalk, the CE process and dont want to follow the guidelines, I will censor this right out and I hate doing that. I think the process and reasons for CE are fair. If you dont like it, then dont participate. :(

I completely disagree with you and that is all I will say about it. If you plan on attacking DBSTalk, the CE process and dont want to follow the guidelines, I will censor this right out and I hate doing that. I think the process and reasons for CE are fair. If you dont like it, then dont participate. :(

What I don't like is people being fearful of speaking their mind on a forum. BTW DBStalk doesn't like SatelliteGuys.Us, so I don't understand you are loyalty to them. I don't need DBStalk to know when releases are forthcoming. I will continue to participate, regardless of whether other sites like it or not. So censoring is not going to effect me.

What I don't like is people being fearful of speaking their mind on a forum. BTW DBStalk doesn't like SatelliteGuys.Us, so I don't understand you are loyalty to them. I don't need DBStalk to know when releases are forthcoming. I will continue to participate, regardless of whether other sites like it or not. So censoring is not going to effect me.

Our loyalty is to the legitament users who want to get the most out of their system. Just because DBSTalk and US have the same goals doesnt mean that their is loyalty between the two. But with that said, It doesnt help a user if we cant point to the right answers between a site even if it is our competitor site. The goal is to get you the right answer no matter where it is. There are rules that are required to participate in the program. Breakem your out. Your not being censored in any way as the OP you took crack shots at is still up for all to see.

I confered with the admin staff and it was agreed that the post shal remain closed. Even though there is a war between the two sites. There is no reason to take unwarrented popshots at another Site or Admin at another site. Earl is welcome here any time he wants to come here. As well as most of the staff over there. It would be nice to have everyone play nice and be on sync for once and have the common goal. The CE program is the gateway to that goal.

Also, You were requesting that users Break a rule that is required to participate in the CE program. I am instructing all users To NOT CALL THE CSRS about the CE program. Doing so will cause an end to the program. That is the rules, wich there are no negotation about them. They are posted both here and at dbstalk.com With that said, there is no negotation about it here. The deal with a program like this is that it benifits everybody. So the rules are more stricter because of this. One bad apple runes it for everyone. So if I have to remove a bad apple to benifit everyone. Then so be it.

Last edited:
I am instructing all users To NOT CALL THE CSRS about the CE program. Doing so will cause an end to the program. That is the rules, wich there are no negotation about them. .
This must be against Directvs terms and conditions then. Right? Is what your saying.? Why else would the staff be ordering people with problems Not to call D*? I'd like an answer for this. And telling people how to do a CE ,Isn't that Hack talk? Since your tell people how to install software that D* hasn't even released to the public yet,or at all?

Ditto here....

This must be against Directvs terms and conditions then. Right? Is what your saying.? Why else would the staff be ordering people with problems Not to call D*? I'd like an answer for this. And telling people how to do a CE ,Isn't that Hack talk? Since your tell people how to install software that D* hasn't even released to the public yet,or at all?

It could very well be just that.

The answer is simple. You are partipating in a "BETA" test program. You do it for free. You do it with the understanding that if you have problems with the BETA software it is reported on the forums. Not to the general customer service line for the national release software where the CSR's are at least someone prepared for the features.

How is this hard to understand. If you don't have a CE version of software, then by all means call CSR. Don't participate in the CE program if you don't agree to the terms. Seems simple to me.

The answer is simple. You are partipating in a "BETA" test program. You do it for free. You do it with the understanding that if you have problems with the BETA software it is reported on the forums. Not to the general customer service line for the national release software where the CSR's are at least someone prepared for the features.

How is this hard to understand. If you don't have a CE version of software, then by all means call CSR. Don't participate in the CE program if you don't agree to the terms. Seems simple to me.
Yea I thought I wouldn't get an answer. I guess I'll send you my bill for my new H20 I had to buy 4 months ago from the last CE I did join in for.

Yea I thought I wouldn't get an answer. I guess I'll send you my bill for my new H20 I had to buy 4 months ago from the last CE I did join in for.

Once again you don't get it. There is a RISK you take with the CE program. The warnings are all over the place.

It is under the terms and conditions to participate the Beta program, wich is posted here and at Dbstalk.com. Wich is administrated by Directv. If your not a particpant in the C and E beta program then by all means call the CSR's if you have an issue about your equipment. As far as hack talk. NO it isnt as there is no modification of equiment or access cards to recive programming you dont pay for!

Now with that said, if you agree to the terms of the C and E program wich is not CALLING the CSRS if you have an issue and posting them here, then Directv authorizes you to download certin software at verious times. So there for Its not hacking eather because the software put in your reciver is authorized by directv as you have agreed to the terms and conditions of beta testing with Directv.

Im sorry about your equipment that you had to get replaced. The best I can say for you would be to contact earl over at dbstalk and see what he can do.

It is under the terms and conditions to participate the Beta program, wich is posted here and at Dbstalk.com. Wich is administrated by Directv. If your not a particpant in the C and E beta program then by all means call the CSR's if you have an issue about your equipment. As far as hack talk. NO it isnt as there is no modification of equiment or access cards to recive programming you dont pay for!

Now with that said, if you agree to the terms of the C and E program wich is not CALLING the CSRS if you have an issue and posting them here, then Directv authorizes you to download certin software at verious times. So there for Its not hacking eather because the software put in your reciver is authorized by directv as you have agreed to the terms and conditions of beta testing with Directv.

Im sorry about your equipment that you had to get replaced. The best I can say for you would be to contact earl over at dbstalk and see what he can do.

Why go to DBStalk? What's wrong with going here? Where is your loyalty? Go there if that's where it is.

DBStalk is not an official authorized site by DirecTV BTW. Know if they are so good why aren't they?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts