Litchfield, CT goes digatal 6/22

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RemyM

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
Stamford, CT
Starting next month, Cablevision will begin eliminating the duplicate analog feed of the Broadcast Basic and Family tiers, creating a fully digital cable system in the Litchfield franchise area. The transition will be rolled out in the Litchfield franchise area on or after June 22, 2010.
Following such planned elimination of analog service there will be no change in the digital Broadcast Basic or Family service. Customers with a digital television with a QAM tuner will continue to be able to view digital Broadcast Basic. Digital Family Cable, which is encrypted, will continue to require a CableCard or set top box. Customers with analog televisions will require a digital set top box to view any tier of service.

http://www.dpuc.state.ct.us/DPUCUnd...85256a63004def968525772600703cbb?OpenDocument

The extra space that will be freed up could be used to send channels normal rather then SDV, but I don't know if that is in their plans. However, they don't use SDV on any of their other fully digital systems except for international and sport subscription packages. It will definitely mean more HD. As for PQ it shouldn't make a difference if you already have a digital box unless they reduce the number of channels that share a QAM. Some QAM frequencies are currently shared by 4 channels while others have 3 and more popular channels are only 2 per QAM.

I have a question that RemyM could possibly assist:
For some reason channel 772 stopped working on my cablecard, but is OK on my digital box.

How can I tell if 772 has gone to SDV in Milford?

Go to Cablevision.com and type in "cablecard" in the need help search on the top of the page. You will find a link to the SDV channels. 772 is not on the list, so it's some other issue that you should call them about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)