Little Big Planet for the PS3

It's on sale at Amazon again for $40.

Last edited:
It's on sale at Amazon again for $40.
I just saw that. Ironically I still have the game on Gamefly and went to see how much it would cost to "keep it" and I saw that they were having a sale on Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, and with coupons and everything I basically got it for the 360 for $9.

I've been playing the game on and off since it came out, and it's grown on me. I finally just got into playing user-created levels, which I really enjoy. I don't like all the "levels" that are out there that are simply musical pieces that play on a vehicle. Of course I know NOTHING about the level creation process and haven't even looked at the tutorials for that, but it does seem like a cool thing to delve into (once Sony clarifies their EULA of course.)

There's also no denying that Sackboy is undeniably cute. I'm going to try and post my Sackboy later today.

Update: ARGH! If I had only waited a day... I just got ANOTHER $5 coupon in my gamefly, so I could have purchased GH:Aerosmith for $4!!
Oh well.. I guess for less than $10 at this point I'm just splitting hairs..

Last edited:
I rented it for the kids a couple of weekend ago. They loved it. $40 is a great deal for this one!

As I get deeper into the Story mode levels, it gets pretty challenging as the level designs get amazingly creative. I loved the Frida Skulldozer! I also get addicted to the unlockable challenge levels. I don't stop replaying until I at least break the top 10,000. Haven't had time for user creator levels or to create my own, however.

I've noticed a few times where I've gone back to older levels, and gotten more stuff, and I know for a fact I had gotten something different there earlier :confused: Only difference is now my wife and I were playing at the same time. My wife and I finally made it to the Ninja world... getting interesting. We couldn't stand the construction site, we got SO irritated on that one.

They did a really good job with the levels slowly getting harder as you progress thru the game. Some of the unlockable games are a blast! I still get a kick out of the swinging tie one; especially with a couple of people at once.

-Mike

Attached are some bad photos of my Sackboy. I encourage others to add theirs as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0529.JPG
    IMG_0529.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0525.JPG
    IMG_0525.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 98
I've noticed a few times where I've gone back to older levels, and gotten more stuff, and I know for a fact I had gotten something different there earlier :confused: Only difference is now my wife and I were playing at the same time.
-Mike

Same thing happens to me when I go back through a level with my girlfriend, who is set up as another user on my system. Before she goes through with me, she doesn't have access to all the stickers/objects I already have in my collection. After collecting them together in that level (whether I snagged the prize bubble or she did), she has them added to her inventory.

Looks like we got a decent content pack coming out now. I'm referring to the level pack here, NOT the costume pack.
PlayStation.Blog » LBP Premium Level Packs + Costume Packs (Metal Gear Solid Edition) - on the PS Store 12/23

As disappointed as I was that the Festive Level Pack didn't inlcude any actually playing levels, I'm pretty stoked to get 5 new story levels, even if I haven't played MGS and won't get all the in-jokes. $5.99 is a pretty sweet deal. I'd love to see a Drake's Level Pack now!

As disappointed as I was that the Festive Level Pack didn't inlcude any actually playing levels, I'm pretty stoked to get 5 new story levels, even if I haven't played MGS and won't get all the in-jokes. $5.99 is a pretty sweet deal. I'd love to see a Drake's Level Pack now!
I'm sure once Uncharted 2 gets closer to release that we'll see a tie-in to LBP which will include character/level packs.
Looks like I'll have something fun to download when I get home tonight.

There is a user-created Uncharted 2 themed level (as well as some Uncharted-themed ones) out there now. The U2 one is based on the trailer, and has you working your way through burning train wreckage...

Zero Punctuation Review of LBP

He liked the level design: [ame="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/530-Little-Big-Planet"]The Escapist : Video Galleries : Zero Punctuation : Little Big Planet@@AMEPARAM@@videos/config/530-52dcab049168bce2b8123fcea6454374.js@@AMEPARAM@@530@@AMEPARAM@@52dcab049168bce2b8123fcea6454374[/ame]

I generally agreed with his review. The "dancing" parts were a little troubling.

I'm getting a little annoyed with these "required updates" that are really nothing more than pushing down new design packs as opposed to dealing with the MUCH bigger issues facing this game, like the profile size limitations. I thoroughly enjoyed getting the Chinese New Year pack, but I shouldn't have had that stuff saved to my PS3 REGARDLESS. MM's decision making is starting to scare me. How about we focus less on a stupid Valentine's Day package that NO ONE is going to buy (the few that did were bamboozled into thinking it was free) and work on correcting what you already have that is NOT working?

I'm wishing I hadn't bought it for my wife for Christmas. Before that, she had no interest in the PS3, at all. Now I need another PS3.

Ditto! My better half has suggested that she get her own PS3 for the bedroom.

Im stuck on that stupid spinning wheel in The Bunkers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)