LIVE 1/27 Retailer Chat Coverage

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Greetings everyone, and welcome to SatelliteGuys.US's coverage of todays special Retailer Charlie Chat.

I would like to make it clear that the only news items that will be posted here from Todays Chat will be news items that affect the consumers, private dealer only information such as costs and profits will not be posted here.

If you are a Dish Network retailer and wish to discuss the private Dealer information, I invite you to check out our sister forum at http://www.dishretailer.com

The Chat opened at Noon with Charlie and Jim announcing a few new local cities on Dish Network.

The new cities announced are:
Altuna PA on Jan 29th (Dish 500)
Trevor City on Feb 5th (SuperDISH 121)
Ft Wayne Ind on Feb 12 (SuperDish)
Davenport Iowa, Feb 5th (SuperDISH 105)

I cannot get it to work. It says:

"Welcome to the SatelliteGuys.US - Charlie Chat... Chat!
Due to tonight's giveaways you must be a registered SatelliteGuys.US member!
If you are not a registered SatelliteGuys.US Member Click HERE to register, it's fast and free!"

Then there is a little red x in a box below it.

Stargazer said:

If you are not a registered SatelliteGuys.US Member Click HERE to register, it's fast and free!"

I have the box to log in, but can't. Keeps telling me error connecting. Then says logging in please wait, but nothing happening.

Stargazer said:

I have had the same experience for the last three or so chats. I think the last chat I was able to get into was November.

Any Ideas?

Make sure you have Java enabled

The Chat has Started!

Of course my chat dropped out for a few seconds at the beginning, I came in and they were talking about Traverse City launching on Feb 5th and Ft Wayne Launching on Feb 12th.

A few new Chineese Services are going to be coming to the 121 satellite. More on this next month. Now talking about NBA and NHL packages.

Charlie Just sneezed and blew out my speakers.

There is a new distributer RS&I carrying Dish Equipment.

All Dish promotions go through June 30th

The HBO Cinexmax 3 month free valie pack ends on Jan 31st.

They are now talking about the DHA plan, as you know most retailers are not happy with the DHA plan, Jim is begging retailers to get behind the DHA plan and to support it.

Locals are includes in the DHA plan.

If you dont get locals in your area the price for DHA is the same (no discount for the lack of locals)

If you don't like that they advise you to get on the free dish promotion.

So no talk about problems with the accepting the agreement on the retailer site? They should know about this problem because there are going to be a number of retailers lose their authorization to be a retailer to buy product starting next month if they do not get it fixed.

Dish is now showing various CableTV ads (Hey I wonder if the cable companies gave them permission to air those ads) which are showing the fact that Satellite Requires a long term contract and equipment to buy.

Charlies claim is with DHA they cant advertise that anymore

Dish just showed a commercial talking about cable companies who keep raising rates are PIGGISH!

Hey DISH you just raised rates too!!! WHos the pig?

Ok this is silly, Dish is advertising the DHA plan as no commitments however retailers may have a contract for the DHA plan. Although Charlie is urging dealers not to have a commitment.

WACKY!

That is strange - no wonder the retailers are pissed. Bet they will be pushing the free dish offer.

So what the heck made this an emergency chat (where's starzhd and cinemaxhd)?

I don't get it. The dealers have a contract with E* that their customers will stay on DHA, but the end customer doesn't have any contract at all with anybody?

On the DHA plan if a customer signs up and does not have a credit card a $200 deposit to the customer will be charged.

Now talking about the new optional $5.99 warranty plan. Its $29 if they need to send someone to your house on the $5.99 plan.

Just off the wire!!!

10:53 am CT DISH shows relative strength in down market; rumor in the market that SBC will make bid in the low-$50s 38.27 +0.69: