Live Camera Feed

stevefb

Original poster
Feb 18, 2009
Texas
Is it possible to take a live camera feed that is going through a modulator (whatever channel) and put it to the OTA and that camera become part of the channel lineup?

If what you are asking is can you do this and have it appear in the guide on the Dish receiver, only if you have an ATSC modulator.

Or if you have a working 721... (Dish was forced to retire these due to the TiVo thing that wont go away) On 721 receivers if you hooked up something to the AV input it showed up on channel 99! I miss that. Of course you would have had to DE-modulate the signal to AV.. :)

Excuse my ignorance, but how would I know if my modulator is ATSC? It says that the modulated channel can be set to 14-69 for UHF, 70-94, 100-125 CATV - would it need to be set above 69?

What he said. :) At this point, if you don't know whether it's ATSC (Digital TV) or NTSC (Regular TV), it's NTSC. :)

The Dish Network receivers can only receive Digital channels over the air. They cannot "see" regular TV channels.

For those that want to know and dont:

National Television System Committee (or to most TV techs: Never Twice the Same Color)
Advanced Television System Committee

perhaps the 922 browser will be able to tune streaming video from internet, if that's the case, perhaps OP can turn his home surveillance into a private streaming video and use a 922 to tune it in.....all speculation of course

Is it possible to take a live camera feed that is going through a modulator (whatever channel) and put it to the OTA and that camera become part of the channel lineup?

why not put the live camera feed on a different tv input??
just change inputs then, or, PIP

fred

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)