Live Dish channels on Delta flights??!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

osumike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
On a roof in Wisconsin
Pretty cool
MVIMG_20190119_083408.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using the SatelliteGuys app!

Wow that’s new. When I flew out last year we had dish on the plane and when I asked Vivek how it worked he said they were just paying for it but it wasn’t actually DISH service.

That pic shows otherwise.

Not only that, but IIRC you posted some pictures of the conformal phased array antenna that they are using to pick up the satellites. Also IIRC it was Delta who did this first. But I am getting old :crying and may be confabulating.

Is there something that specifies Dish on that screen? Could it just be Echostar hardware/software?

I have been on a few of the SW flights and refused to pay the fee for the programming. Got smart after the first one, downloaded some movies and shows on my 128GB iPhone... put it in airplane mode and had a wonderful set of flights from there on out. Wolf of Wallstreet was probably the most played... game in handy when I forgot to delete the program and the power went out at my house a few years ago too. Ahh to live in today’s technology!!!

Reactions: TheKrell
I have been on a few of the SW flights and refused to pay the fee for the programming. Got smart after the first one, downloaded some movies and shows on my 128GB iPhone... put it in airplane mode and had a wonderful set of flights from there on out. Wolf of Wallstreet was probably the most played... game in handy when I forgot to delete the program and the power went out at my house a few years ago too. Ahh to live in today’s technology!!!

Live tv was free on the southwest flights I take between Tulsa and Las Vegas. Just use the airtime app or web browser on the flight with the flight tracker.

Reactions: TheKrell
The in flight app was asking me for something like $10 for the live tv. There were a couple pre recorded ones that I had no interest in.

In the air - Southwest Airlines Travel Experience

100% Free Entertainment
Our Inflight Entertainment Portal* features a flight tracker, arrival and connecting gate information, free movies1, and access to southwest.com at no charge! You can also enjoy free messaging (imessage or whatsapp), free on-demand TV, Free Live TV, free music, and web browsing (with paid WiFi access) during your flight. You must download the Southwest app before boarding if you want to view a movie or on-demand TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)