Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Welcome once again to another Dish Network retailer chat LIVE Recap. As always we will only cover items which a consumer could find out from a retailer and do not cover sensitive dealer issues (suchs as costs, profits etc) :)

The Chat Begins at NOON and our chat room is open at http://www.satelliteguys.us/chat.php come and join us! :)

The show opens with new programming...

They talk about locals launches (the info is the same as was covered on Monday Night)

Then they announce a new National HD Channel being launched Aug 16th (Today) it's FOOD NETWORK HD on Channel 9462 in the HD Bronze package and up.

Now talking about Dishing it up, they now allow up to 4 leased receivers on an account.

Dish is now allowing customers to have receivers direct shipped to them if they upgrade on the lease plan. (This is a GOOD thing!)

Changes to the Dish Mover program now a customer with 6 receivers can use Dish Mover (before the limit was 4 receivers on the Dish Mover Program)

They will be having a program for those who own a VIP HD receiver and need a new Dish (Dish 1000 or 61.5) they can get a free install of a Dish so you can see all the HD programming. (No word if it covers the switches)

Now talking about Commercial Installs.

The greek language package is going up $3 a month as of September 1st. From $36 to $39. They will be changing some of the channels in the packae on September 1st as well.

Starting tommorow you will be able to get most programming packages via the Pre Pay (Dish Ya!) method, including Family Pack, AT 120, AT180, Dish Latino Dos, Dish Lation Max, HBO, Starz, Cinemax.

Leslie harper comes on and shows techs how to properly hold the Dish + LNB's seems like a lot of the LNBs are getting broken.

In addition remote prices will be dropping in price around October 1st.

Question about Outdoor Channel 2 HD, they say they have started talking with them about it and hpe to have it in the future. (Jim then cuts in and says thats our answer for all HD channels, we want to have them in the future, however it needs to make sense t them to add a HD channel) (grr)

what kind of heat issues and what lnbs... i noticed right after the DPP twins came out that the ones "assembled in USA" had sporadic heat issues. I went to one install just 3 days after initial install vist. Her 322 rcvr was really hot(well ventilated spot) so I checked the dish and found the LNB(metal area) was so hot I almost got burned. Since then I have replaced at least 30 or 40 DPP lnbfs with varying symptoms but all were much hotter then normal. The ouside air temp didn't seem to make any difference either.

Maybe because it wasnt mentioned.

There are only 3 more cities which will launch this year in HD, two of them are uplinked now and the third is not expected until the end of the year and what city it is, is currently unknown at this time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts