Live Dish Retailer Chat Recap - August 16, 2006

To counter, CSR's knew about the Dishin' It Up change since early- to mid-July. We just have to remember it until the time that it rolls out and we get official access to the change. (Some are better than others at that feat.) The Dishin' It Up changes have been in effect since 8/1. Occasionally, they do keep us ahead of the curve.

Why do I have the feeling that they are going to try to replace the current systems we have with prepay in the future?

Number of leased tuners allowed?

Scott Greczkowski said:
Now talking about Dishing it up, they now allow up to 4 leased receivers on an account.

I also would like to know the answer to the question of how many leased tuners are supposed to be allowed on an account? I have been told by several people at dish that you can have up to 4 leased receivers but still no more than _4 leased tuners_.

Odd, since "I have a friend" who has four leased receivers but one is a dual tuner for a total of 5 leased receivers.

I meant to post this question just a couple days ago but I can not see how to post a new thread. Can someone tell me how to post a new thread. You could send me a Private Message if you don't want to get off topic in this thread but perhaps(?) there are others who are also having a problem posting and would like to know. I have started a thread on this website before but I just can't remember how (I do remember I had trouble finding out how then.)

Thanks!
gary s

Stargazer said:
Why do I have the feeling that they are going to try to replace the current systems we have with prepay in the future?

It makes sence from E*'s point of view no more worring about subscribers defaulting on agreements and not paying their bills, but it will never work, if it did then why isent prepaid wireless more popular than normal wireless service.

RIRWIN1983 said:
It makes sence from E*'s point of view no more worring about subscribers defaulting on agreements and not paying their bills, but it will never work, if it did then why isent prepaid wireless more popular than normal wireless service.

prepaid wireless is most attractive to credit challenged

Peluso said:
I can afford Dish, and I have great credit.. but I don't like long term commitments as to me they are like debt. I'll be 1st in line if I can get an MP4 Rx w/ Dish 1000 and an HD prepaid package.

Why not just purchase the equipment up front then pay month to month? You can also pay a year in advance (and get one month free for doing so).

Scott Greczkowski said:
Leslie harper comes on and shows techs how to properly hold the Dish + LNB's seems like a lot of the LNBs are getting broken.

In addition remote prices will be dropping in price around October 1st.
We had three brackets shipped to us broken....The material is very flimsy..Kind of looks the "white" metal......

mleland said:
what kind of heat issues and what lnbs... i noticed right after the DPP twins came out that the ones "assembled in USA" had sporadic heat issues. I went to one install just 3 days after initial install vist. Her 322 rcvr was really hot(well ventilated spot) so I checked the dish and found the LNB(metal area) was so hot I almost got burned. Since then I have replaced at least 30 or 40 DPP lnbfs with varying symptoms but all were much hotter then normal. The ouside air temp didn't seem to make any difference either.
Sporadic?....More like frequent..We have swapped at least 50 of them in the past 6 weeks..We have had very hot WX here with temps in the mid to upper 90's....Since the WX has cooled a bit the rate of failure has abated somewhat...

Scott Greczkowski said:
I will let BFG answer that he has them memorized, I have a hard time remembering when I parked my truck. :)
I know where your truck is!!!!! I'll tell you for 25 cents......LOL!!!!!!

On the prepay comments.... And not to say my comments are correct, accurate, far off, far out....

With prepay, I believe you can order something for a month, and then let it go. A few days later, you scrape up enough change, buy another card, and watch for another 30 days. I image it will be in 30 days increments. But also wonder if you could buy AT60 on the first, then buy another package on the 15th, and each would run 30 days.

No commitment subscriptions.... I believe you could stop and start with each start billed in monthly intervals, but I think there is a charge to start back up, where prepay shouldn't have it.

Annual subscriptions.... Currently not available on all packages.

Cell phones not popular with prepay! Ask those 3 dudes arrested for buying a 1000 of them. Plus there were some others who bought many phones. And its the choice communications package for those involved in illegal activities, and minors can get them also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)