Live Feb 17th Retailer Chat Report

The again say that the 942 will be available in Early March and they will have a good amount of units available at launch.

(Plug... Of course DishStore.NET will have them available) :D

Dish is launching a new Interactive feature for retailers.

A customer can go to a showroom where it asks the customer what they want and suggests what programming package and equipment they need.

A lot of people are complaining about the 942, but for people like my dad (very NON-technical) the 942 is a perfect fit for him.

He wants to be able to record HD and I told him not to buy a 921 because if its unstability. With the 942, he will be able to record HD (and another channel at the same time) and get rid of three receivers (811 and 510 in the living room and a 3900 in the bedroom). That cuts his "extra receiver" fees by $10/month.

So, even at $250 + $5/month (which INCLUDES the "extra receiver" fee), I think he's coming out pretty good. He has AEP, so he wont be paying VOD fees.

StevenD said:
A lot of people are complaining about the 942, but for people like my dad (very NON-technical) the 942 is a perfect fit for him.

He wants to be able to record HD and I told him not to buy a 921 because if its unstability. With the 942, he will be able to record HD (and another channel at the same time) and get rid of three receivers (811 and 510 in the living room and a 3900 in the bedroom). That cuts his "extra receiver" fees by $10/month.

So, even at $250 + $5/month (which INCLUDES the "extra receiver" fee), I think he's coming out pretty good. He has AEP, so he wont be paying VOD fees.

So why do you think the 942 will be more stable then the 921 currently is. E*'s track record is that you need to give it at least 12 months to even get close to a stable STB.

I think it is the answer i have been waiting for. My contract is up with e* on March 2. I will try to upgrade to the 942 then.

Any word on whether or not customers who recently took advantage of an upgrade offer (within the past year) are eligible for the 942 lease offer?

The chat continues. Jim announces Dish Network retailers who are in states where SBC is the local phone company can now sell the SBC package.

After he explains it for 10 plus minutes he looks at the camera and says (and I am paraphraising here) that they would make more money by not selling the SBC package. :)

You can bet your pants that you will NOT be able to upgrade to the 942 if you have upgraded under the lease option in the past 12 months...That's part of their dish'n it up "rules" that no one has seen.... LOL.

I did read that in my contract for the 811 upgrade as well. I'm just hoping they make an exception for the 942 since we have to pony up $250. If not, I'll apply that amount to buying out my contract with E* and get a FREE HD DVR from my cable company.

Boy am I glad Cablevision is coming tomorrow to install gold package with HD PVR.

E is looking worse and worse by the day. man, I was soo happy with them a few years ago. Damn Shame!

This chat once again shows that NO ONE IS HOME at Dish Network. There is no one guiding the company.

Oh well this chat is winding down. And no real big news from the chat I saw for the consumer end of things.

See ya all on Monday Night for our Tech Chat!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)