LIVE FUTBOL: Atletico Madrid vs. Deportivo - 1/28 @ 4pm ET

That was a great goal!

Wow! Another goooooaaaaaaaaal!

davekendra said:
Maybe they could look into HD-related Paid Programming or something... as an alternative revenue stream.

I do not know if there is anyone out there that is trying to do that. One thing that they are doing is selling their original productions to channels in europe. That may bring some revenue. I am sure that it will be the case with other countries.

davekendra said:
What 'original productions' do you mean exactly? Europe is known to be rather weak & behind the curve in regard to HD.

Here's one example http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=52976 they are providing 18 hours of original art programming to the Art HD channel on Sky. As their original production grows, it will be there to rent by other HD channels as they pop up all over the world.

davekendra said:
Europe is known to be rather weak & behind the curve in regard to HD.
It's changing now. This year's World Cup is supposed to be a showcase for the HDTV format in Europe.

Good to see. Still Sky is one of the very few providers in Europe that provide ANY HD content. Maybe they should try selling some stuff to Japan or Korea where it's common.

davekendra said:
Good to see. Still Sky is one of the very few providers in Europe that provide ANY HD content. Maybe they should try selling some stuff to Japan or Korea where it's common.

Actually Japan probably has more program than anyone to sell them -- NHK has a huge library of programs and are always shooting all year long.

Welcome to our game-time chat, jsb_hburg!

davekendra said:
Yes, I did. Really happy the WorldSport channel is being resurrected.
BTW, in October, I went to Spain and spent some time in Valencia and Madrid. Though, I couldn't afford any futbol seats. They are ridiculously expensive, a couple of hundred euros per seat.

Dave

Where those seats the least expensive or the most expensive ones?

Although Europe is behind in HDTV, it is well positioned for a quick HDTV roll-out. Flat-panel TV sets are very popular in Europe and many of them are HD-ready.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts