live games "not authorized" on nbatv

stevenb

Original poster
Mar 10, 2012
Southwest
I have a package that does not include nbatv but subscribe to the nba league pass so have been receiving and watching nbatv for the last three years. However, last night I was not able to watch the Kings Mavericks game on nbatv (not blacked out in my area, btw). The nbatv channel was red on the guide and when I tried to access it, it said I was not authorized. I called DISH tech support and they had me try a bunch of troubleshooting steps before saying they were sending me a new receiver (my current receiver is 3 years old).

This morning I can suddenly access nbatv again and it is no longer red (I am currently watching the replay of Kings Mavericks game). I tried scheduling a recording of future nbatv shows and am able to all the way up until the next live game tonight (Hornets Timberwolves). When I try to schedule the Hornets Timberwolves game it gives me the same not authorized 013 so I am guessing as soon as this game comes on tonight, my nbatv is going to go red again. I am now starting to wonder if a new receiver will even fix this problem. Has anyone else experienced anything like this. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-Steve

If I were betting, I would bet against a new receiver having anything to do with it. Are you sure the game then and the one now weren't/aren't available on another channel too and that's why? I would contact a DIRT member for the actual correct answer.

If you have not experienced this problem before one of the DIRT team is your best bet.
I have nbatv in my package, don't watch it but have never seen it turn red.
When mlbtv shows a redsox game (I'm in the boston dma) we can still tune in mlbtv but all we see is a message that we aren't authorized the programming until the game is over. I would think that nba tv would work much thesame way???

Ross

Sent from my rooted DROIDX (Liberty Gingerbread) using SatelliteGuys

I have a package that does not include nbatv but subscribe to the nba league pass so have been receiving and watching nbatv for the last three years. However, last night I was not able to watch the Kings Mavericks game on nbatv (not blacked out in my area, btw). The nbatv channel was red on the guide and when I tried to access it, it said I was not authorized. I called DISH tech support and they had me try a bunch of troubleshooting steps before saying they were sending me a new receiver (my current receiver is 3 years old).

This morning I can suddenly access nbatv again and it is no longer red (I am currently watching the replay of Kings Mavericks game). I tried scheduling a recording of future nbatv shows and am able to all the way up until the next live game tonight (Hornets Timberwolves). When I try to schedule the Hornets Timberwolves game it gives me the same not authorized 013 so I am guessing as soon as this game comes on tonight, my nbatv is going to go red again. I am now starting to wonder if a new receiver will even fix this problem. Has anyone else experienced anything like this. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-Steve

Thanks for asking. Some games may be carried on the local network in your area, and others on League Pass or NBATV. We have an application called gamefinder that can help you locate your game: DISH Game Finder Web Tool | My DISH Support, using your zip code and by sport, which should provide more information about the time and channel a game is broadcast on.

If the issue is the EPG stored in the receiver a hard reset (unplugging the receiver for 3-4 minutes and plugging back in) will fix this. For a signal issue, you may want to run a Check Switch test (Menu+6+1+1 on the remote).

LouF@DISH Network said:
Thanks for asking. Some games may be carried on the local network in your area, and others on League Pass or NBATV. We have an application called gamefinder that can help you locate your game: DISH Game Finder Web Tool | My DISH Support, using your zip code and by sport, which should provide more information about the time and channel a game is broadcast on.

If the issue is the EPG stored in the receiver a hard reset (unplugging the receiver for 3-4 minutes and plugging back in) will fix this. For a signal issue, you may want to run a Check Switch test (Menu+6+1+1 on the remote).

Is that normal behaviour for nba tv when the game is blacked out? I get nbatv and have never seen it red...

Ross

Sent from my rooted DROIDX (Liberty Gingerbread) using SatelliteGuys

Thanks,
-Steve

Will you please send me a PM with your phone number or account number? Looking at the NBA League Pass details, it doesn't look like it includes NBA TV

MattG@ DISH NETWORK said:
Will you please send me a PM with your phone number or account number? Looking at the NBA League Pass details, it doesn't look like it includes NBA TV

Nba tv channel 560 is included with LP.

I have been having the same problem for the last few months. Nbatv will not show any live games. The channel turns red in the program guide, and says "programming not authorized" when i click on it. When there isnt a game on, i can watch the channel fine. Ive called about it numerous times. They sent me a new receiver and it didnt help. Its very frustrating. The only reason i have satellite is to watch nba games on league pass. Im going to have to cancel my service if i cant get it fixed soon. It happens on every game. They are not blacked out or being shown on any other channels.

Last edited:
I have been having the same problem for the last few months. Nbatv will not show any live games. The channel turns red in the program guide, and says "programming not authorized" when i click on it. When there isnt a game on, i can watch the channel fine. Ive called about it numerous times. They sent me a new receiver and it didnt help. Its very frustrating. The only reason i have satellite is to watch nba games on league pass. Im going to have to cancel my service if i cant get it fixed soon. It happens on every game. They are not blacked out or being shown on any other channels.

I live in an area where we cant get any of the local teams games on regular cable without league pass. I have some friends with direct tv who dont have any problems with nbatv. Im going to switch to direct tv soon.

By bye.

Thanks for the help.

You changed your post, (which is the the reason I quote original posts like that). Had that change been your first post I would have given it more thought, but you said you were going to Direct TV soon, so I said bye. Someone with their first post saying they are leaving Dish there really isn't alot to say....

Well that channel is pretty much useless then.....

You changed your post, (which is the the reason I quote original posts like that). Had that change been your first post I would have given it more thought, but you said you were going to Direct TV soon, so I said bye. Someone with their first post saying they are leaving Dish there really isn't alot to say....

What I meant was that I would be leaving if I couldn't get the issue resolved soon. I thought that would be assumed, otherwise I wouldn't still be trying to solve the problem. I realize that part of my post was irrelevant anyway, so I deleted it so no one else would be distracted by it.

I pm'd the dish guy that posted earlier in the thread. Hopefully he can help. Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)