Live TV being Paused too long

The answer is DLP. I enjoy my Samsung LED DLP HL-T5687 with NO burn-in possibility and lower power usage. There is no phosphor to burn and the "lamp" last the life of the set, likely. No color wheel to listen to either.
-Ken

POWER CONSUMPTION
Because LCDs use florescent backlighting to produce images, they require substantially less power to operate than plasmas do. LCD TVs consume about half the power that plasma displays consume. The reason: Plasmas use a lot of electricity to light each and every pixel you see on a screen - even the dark ones. Though plasma manufacturers have improved voltage consumption requirements a plasma TV will consume around a third more power for the same size display.

Not true. Plasma has higher peak power consumption (when the screen is all white), but since the average picture level is much lower than pure white, the average power consumption is much lower too. It's a lot closer to LCD than the peak power consumptions specs (what is listed in the owner's manual) might lead you to believe.

POWER CONSUMPTION
Because LCDs use florescent backlighting to produce images, they require substantially less power to operate than plasmas do. LCD TVs consume about half the power that plasma displays consume. The reason: Plasmas use a lot of electricity to light each and every pixel you see on a screen - even the dark ones. Though plasma manufacturers have improved voltage consumption requirements a plasma TV will consume around a third more power for the same size display.

Well, which is it; put my hands in the air or get on the floor?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)