live tv, buffers, pip & apps....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jct21

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 26, 2018
kentucky
new dish sub here. i have a few issues id like to run by you guys...

1. when i pause live tv to build buffer and then watch a dvr program or open an app such as prime, pandora, netflix etc... when i return to live tv, the buffers on the hopper 3 are deleted and the buffer starts all over again. is that normal? if so is there a way around it? its just one of those things i was able to do with the genie that i find a bit annoying i cant do on the h3.

2. multi view pip crashes every single time i try to use it. triggers reboot. according to a google search, dish was having issues with this in 2017. is this still an issue for the h3 or do i need a replacement dvr?

3. about every 2 or 3 days one of my J3's wont respond to remote commands. it stays on and power button is not effective. its on the tv activity screen that lists the tuners and shows other units are viewing. the only solution is to unplug the joey. is this a software glitch or do i need a replacement joey?

thanks for the help.....

new dish sub here. i have a few issues id like to run by you guys...

1. when i pause live tv to build buffer and then watch a dvr program or open an app such as prime, pandora, netflix etc... when i return to live tv, the buffers on the hopper 3 are deleted and the buffer starts all over again. is that normal? if so is there a way around it? its just one of those things i was able to do with the genie that i find a bit annoying i cant do on the h3.

2. multi view pip crashes every single time i try to use it. triggers reboot. according to a google search, dish was having issues with this in 2017. is this still an issue for the h3 or do i need a replacement dvr?

3. about every 2 or 3 days one of my J3's wont respond to remote commands. it stays on and power button is not effective. its on the tv activity screen that lists the tuners and shows other units are viewing. the only solution is to unplug the joey. is this a software glitch or do i need a replacement joey?

thanks for the help.....
1) Answered above

2) I use PIP all the time, resize the window, relocate the window depending on what's the least disruptive area. So No, it's not normal and a tech call to Dish is probably in order

3)Same thing, my 2 Joey 3's (thin version) are very stable. If you have one of the older Joey's (fatter version) just call DIsh and they will send you the newer ones with boxes to return your old ones.
Hint: Even though they say to return everything, they don't care at all about the remotes, you can keep those and pair them up to your Hopper and other Joey's so you can have them in different places.

Reactions: jct21
For issue #1...

This works on Hopper3, not joeys
Press pause on live tv,
On remote, Press 'swap' to watch other channel(s) or dvr,
Another press of 'swap' will return you to the paused program.
:)

This uses the pip feature of the H3,
Using tuner 1 for your paused show,
And tuner 2 for your other show.

This method can be used for 4 paused programs using the 'multiview',
But that is a bit more complicated.
;)

Sent from my SM-G986U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: jct21 and TheKrell
[QUOTE="jct21, post: 4569580, member:

.....[/QUOTE]

I don’t know if they have fixed it but multi-view would not work on Eastern Arc if you selected a SD channel in one of the top quadrants. The solution was to always select HD channels.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: jct21
This works on Hopper3, not joeys
Press pause on live tv,
On remote, Press 'swap' to watch other channel(s) or dvr,
Another press of 'swap' will return you to the paused program.
:)

This uses the pip feature of the H3,
Using tuner 1 for your paused show,
And tuner 2 for your other show.

I upgraded my 722 with an H3 two weeks ago. I used this technique a lot on my 722 and now on my H3. It works similarly, but there are some significant differences. I'm trying to figure out these differences. For example, this morning I had a timer set for a one hour show at 9 am. I happened to be watching that channel with a 30 minute delay. The recording turned out to be a 1.5 hour recording which included the 30 minutes before the 9 am show started. Also, When I looked at the TV Activity screen after 11 am, it showed that channel still recording. I had to stop the recording to free up the tuner again. I wish it would just grab another tuner to make the recording (since it has 16 tuners) and leave the "watching" channel alone.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)