Live Updates - DirecTV MLB Announcement

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Bla bla bla......more hd always promised, but very few specifics besides 2008. I don't think we will see any more games in hd this season than we did last year.

Another baseless comment. Which provider out there has bandwidth to provide more HD starting April 1 of this year? Or are you just trolling some more now?

Let's hear the SPECIFICS on this please.

My head hurts from this call, the last question was about Fios and they didnt really answer it.

The commissioner is upset about reporters using the term take it or leave it. Again he throws it into the lap of the satellite and cable companies.

Chase says his final thought and that ends the call.

So they say the price will change if it is not "exclusive". I've read InDemand had offerred more than DirecTV. Then they say that if they meet D*'s terms they can have the package. Seems like a lot of double-talk to keep D.C. out of the mix until 4/1.

Another baseless comment. Which provider out there has bandwidth to provide more HD starting April 1 of this year? Or are you just trolling some more now?

The problem was DirecTV and MLB did not give any more specifics.

and this is Dish's out.

And it get's MLB and D* out from folks b*tching about an exclusive deal, here's our product and the terms. If you want it buy it if not thanks and we'll see you in a few years.

My comment was directed at just directv, but the extra innings package/press release as a whole. I am tired of all the vague "more hd in the future" comments.

However, directv will not have any additional bandwith until most likely august or september at least, which is most of the baseball season.

The press release has been posted. Isn't it about time that people actually read the words and decide for themselves? Seems this thread is just about dead.

My comment was directed at just directv, but the extra innings package/press release as a whole. I am tired of all the vague "more hd in the future" comments.

However, directv will not have any additional bandwith until most likely august or september at least, which is most of the baseball season.

If its August 1 it is no more than a third of the season remaining, if its September 1 its not more than 1 sixth of the season remaining. What does most of the season mean. You are just a rambling fool, stop spewing nonsense.

Please post which EI Press Release you are SPECIFICALLY referring to one that makes any promise of more HD for THIS season - as usual , talk but no facts to back it up.

DIRECTV's commitment to carry the Channel as a basic service to more than 15 million homes was a major factor in the long-term agreement between the provider and MLB. <--- does this mean that Cable and Dish have to guarantee 15 million eyes also?

If its August 1 it is no more than a third of the season remaining, if its September 1 its not more than 1 sixth of the season remaining. What does most of the season mean. You are just a rambling fool, stop spewing nonsense.

Please post which EI Press Release you are SPECIFICALLY referring to - as usual , talk but no facts to back it up.

Why do you feel the need to dissect every word of my posts? You shouldn't waste so much time if its nonsense.

2/3rds to me is most in my book.

The satellites haven't even launched yet and you are already touting directv's supreme capacity.

Why do you feel the need to dissect every word of my posts? You shouldn't waste so much time if its nonsense.

2/3rds to me is most in my book.

The satellites haven't even launched yet and you are already touting directv's supreme capacity.

I dissect them because they are total BS. You talk about a press release that doesn't exist, and when asked to show a link to it, you tell me I'm wrong. So, to prove me wrong - post the link to the EI press release promising more HD this year - or simply ad;mit you made it up. Thank you very much.

Uh, I never said anyone promised more hd games this season. Nevertheless, I am disapointed that the package this year will seemingly not offer anything new besides the 24hr baseball channel.

August/September is a common sense estimate, probably a best case scenario actually. If you think additional hd capacity will be usable before then, you have no clue.

THIS PRESS RELEASE YOU MENTION. THE ONE THAT YOU REFER TO. THE ONE THAT WAS PROMISING MORE HD. THE ONE WITH THE VAGUE PROMISES YOU REFER TO

Are you drinking today? I can't follow you at all, sorry.

You don't need to have a press release promising things to hope for something to be added to the package like more games, hd or not. As a consumer who will pay 150+, I have a right to be disapointed.

TVBob - since you can't follow me, try following yourself. First you said:

QUESTIONER
Bla bla bla......more hd always promised, but very few specifics besides 2008. I don't think we will see any more games in hd this season than we did last year.

FLYINGJ responded to you and quoted the above with:
Not time for this discussion....shame on you.

you quoted FLYINGJ and responded with:
It was one of the main parts of the press release.

SCOBUCK - I quoted you and responded with:
There is a GRAND TOTAL of 2 sentences that even mention HD in 13 paragraphs. One of them says that nearly all of the 2008 package WILL be HD.

you quoted me and responded with (QUESTIONER)

So, now that you follow what you said and how it came about, what press release was HD the main part of, what vague promises are you referring to?

Last edited:
At least for those of us who's team is local, we will still get the majority of the games with our RSN and local channels.

This sucks. I don't think there should ever be an exclusive package for just one provider. They should be open to all.

QUESTIONER

FLYINGJ
Not time for this discussion....shame on you.

QUESTIONER
It was one of the main parts of the press release.

SCOBUCK
There is a GRAND TOTAL of 2 sentences that even mention HD in 13 paragraphs. One of them says that nearly all of the 2008 package WILL be HD.

QUESTIONER

So, now that you follow what you said and how it came about, what press release was HD the main part of, what vague promises are you referring to?

Nice taking out of context there. I was simply saying my general comment on hd games was valid considering it was mentioned in the press release. I never said more games were ever promised for this season in any press release.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Question about my upcoming professional installation

Broken Up HD Channel On One Set (but not another mystery)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)