LMAO! My tivo fell back already.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chadzx11

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
memphis
Apparently, my TiVo didn't get the memo about bush pushing the fall back sunday off a week. I have no landline, as TiVo has graciously reminded me for every single day 600+ times (it keeps count!). My wife was all worried about the recordings. Haven't noticed any other issues. I suppose I will have to deal with this twice a year until it croaks. :D

Why in the world don't you just take it to someone's house that has a landline & let it make the call & update once & for all, so you don't keep having to go through this. You don't even need a dish at their house to do this - just let it make a call & you'll all done.

I understand about not having a landline, but it's not really rocket science to solve the problem... ;) ;)

I understand about not having a landline, but it's not really rocket science to solve the problem... ;) ;)

Who said it was a problem? I think it is hillarious, and it is not worth the hassle to take it out and drive it to somebody else's house. No thanks! It has not bombed any timers, it's just a week early. It'd be a problem if the clock didn't match up to the guide.

I think we should get rid of DST all together, follow the lead of our good friends in New Foundland and move the clocks 1/2 hour and split the difference and leave it like that forever.

I changed my time zone in the settings for the week. Last spring I just dealt with the time being off for a couple weeks.

I have a land line, but I've kept it unplugged to prevent the upgrade from v3.x due to all of the reported bugs with later versions. The fix for DST came out last spring.

Google > You.

Date change in 2007

On August 8, 2005, President George W. Bush signed the Energy Policy Act of 2005. This Act changed the time change dates for Daylight Saving Time in the U.S. Beginning in 2007, DST will begin on the second Sunday in March and end the first Sunday in November. The Secretary of Energy will report the impact of this change to Congress. Congress retains the right to resume the 2005 Daylight Saving Time schedule once the Department of Energy study is complete.

Daylight Saving Time - When do we change our clocks?

Update: Clock is right on the Tivo, now. Landline free since January 06. No plans to change that, ever. The only reason I can see needing a landline is to dial 911, and I can do that without having a monthly phone bill. That is to say, my phones have dialtone, but I am only allowed to dail 911. That's perfect.

The only recordings that get botched are on saturday and sunday + dog the bounty hunter. The first two are because of football (screw football on TV, get off your ass and go to the game, that's well over half the fun for me) and the Dog thing is his networks fault. What he says to his own son on his own cellphone is none of my business, and they (advertisers, studio exec douchebags, ect) don't seem to have a problem with him praying before a hunt and then running around screaming "freeze MFer!"

Google > You.

No, it was you who were confused. Your OP:

didn't get the memo about bush pushing the fall back sunday off a week.

was so poorly worded that I had to figure out what the heck you meant. First, I'm well aware of Congress (not Bush) changing the law for DST. Second, the "bush pushing the fall back sunday off a week" sounded like words in the game Jumble.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts