LNB 118 Indicates Red

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
I sent the following LNB 118 problem to Dish TV by email. Haven't heard anything back from them yet. Is there any installer/technicians have an idea what might be the problem?

I have a slight problem on 118 LNB. When I do a System Info check (menu 6-1-3) the signal is red for 118. When I check details it says Status: Error! Select "Details" You are currently experiencing signal loss on tuner 1 and then it list numerous times, dates, and signal losses. It says the same thing for tuner 2. Some times it says Status: Check "Details" for LNB! LNB Drift Detected...0x00, 0xb0, 118 (0 -5). When I view the channels that come in on 118.7 (HD locals from St. Louis), they all appear OK to me. The weather is clear and I checked all cable connectors and they appear OK to me. This problem is on all three of my VIP722s. The 625 System Info check is green on all LNBs. See the attached spread sheet for transponder signal strengths for 118.7. What do you think?

Attachments

• LNB 118.7 Signal Strength.xls
    24.5 KB · Views: 260
I'm having the same exact thing happen with 118.7. The last number (-5), tells how much drift. I've read through the LNB drift posts here in the past week, and it apparently needs to reach +/- 7 or 8 for dish to address the problem with VIP equipment unless you also tell them there is picture/sound issues. +/- 5 is the beginning of a problem. many people have reported going many, many months with a -5, with no ill effects.

I havent had E* out yet, since i 'moved', and am also kinda waiting out the Eastern Arc deal, plus my HD locals were just added to 61.5 last week, so i may end up with a totally diff dish soon.

I'm having the same exact thing happen with 118.7. The last number (-5), tells how much drift. I've read through the LNB drift posts here in the past week, and it apparently needs to reach +/- 7 or 8 for dish to address the problem with VIP equipment unless you also tell them there is picture/sound issues. +/- 5 is the beginning of a problem. many people have reported going many, many months with a -5, with no ill effects.

I havent had E* out yet, since i 'moved', and am also kinda waiting out the Eastern Arc deal, plus my HD locals were just added to 61.5 last week, so i may end up with a totally diff dish soon.

Thanks for your inputs FitzAusTex . I just got an email from the Tech department. Since it is happening on all three VIP722s they think it might be a software issue and they are saying the signal strength looks fine. They are wanting Model ID, Software Version, Receiver CA ID, and Smart Card CA IDs to go to the Engineering Department. I will work on it and send back.

Thanks for your inputs FitzAusTex . I just got an email from the Tech department. Since it is happening on all three VIP722s they think it might be a software issue and they are saying the signal strength looks fine. They are wanting Model ID, Software Version, Receiver CA ID, and Smart Card CA IDs to go to the Engineering Department. I will work on it and send back.

Its the LNB going bad, so it would be happening on all three 722s. Apparently the VIPs can account for a certain amount of drift. +/- 5 is the minimum required to display the LNB drift issue. People here say that eventually the LNB is toast when you start getting the drift error, but not necessarily imminent.

Its the LNB going bad, so it would be happening on all three 722s. Apparently the VIPs can account for a certain amount of drift. +/- 5 is the minimum required to display the LNB drift issue. People here say that eventually the LNB is toast when you start getting the drift error, but not necessarily imminent.

OK. I just sent back the info to Dish. I notice when I change channels to an HD local out of St Louis (118 LNB) it is slow to come on. I hardly use the the satellite HD locals since the OTA is so good. I have a feeling too the LNB is going bad. But I am not too knowledgeable on all this satellite stuff.

My 222 is the same. A couple of days ago I checked and 118 was red. It said signal problems, but my locals come in just fine with good signal strength. Go figure???

Yep, the same with me. Maybe the engineering department will come up with something. dahenny, do you know how long you have had the 118 red issue? They asked me that question and I just noticed it a couple of days ago playing with the menu. It has been a long time since I had done the system info check thing.

Just a little hi-jack...I noticed in your sig a 5 satellite set-up. That work out good for you?

Yep, I still have the red lite too. I have checked it several times today and always red. Haha on the five satellites. No it does not work out very good. I keep 129 disconnected unless I want to watch the Muli-Sport channels. I wish there was a five satellite switch. There is a way to do it but I don't care to do it that way. Involves several other switches, etc, etc.

Wait for DPP64.

Thanks for the info Smith, P. I did some searching on the DPP64 switch. There is lots of info on it. I take it that it has never come out yet. Do you know the bottom line on what's happening with the switch? Is it going to be available anytime? There sure looks like a there could be a big demand for it.

I have had the red X for 118 since I found software release 449 on my 622. About 50% of the time I also get the .5LNB error. I never got it before 449. Everything works fine. I think it is a software issue. Since there is no problem with the operation, I really don't care.

I have had the red X for 118 since I found software release 449 on my 622. About 50% of the time I also get the .5LNB error. I never got it before 449. Everything works fine. I think it is a software issue. Since there is no problem with the operation, I really don't care.

Thanks for the info. I think I will pass that on to the Technicians. Might be a help for them.

Thanks for the info Smith, P. I did some searching on the DPP64 switch. There is lots of info on it. I take it that it has never come out yet. Do you know the bottom line on what's happening with the switch? Is it going to be available anytime? There sure looks like a there could be a big demand for it.

Would be Scott better source for report a progress in production ?
I know from SW side, the switch has been tested and our receivers got FW update to support it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts