LNB ADVICE NEEDED

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

James leandre

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
26.4 N, 81.4 W
I am interested in mounting a C BAND LNB next to a ku band LNB. I called Sadoun satellite sales to see if I could get an LNB holder that would hold a ku band LNB on the center and a C band LNB on the side. They told me that they don't sell an LNB holder that would hold both. My questiong to you guys is that have anyone done that before, because I would like to do that. Any advice would be appreciated.

What size dish? Offset or prime focus?
We have people do crazy things all the time.
Just look through the pictures posted! - :D
I'm sure there's a good answer for ya already on the forum! - :up
And we'll be happy to help you find it.

I think it sounds like you might have a Ku band dish and you want to add a C-Band LNB? Answers to all the questions above would certainly clarify, but if my assumption is correct, you may want to look at combination C and Ku LNBs that have one of each in common packaging, especially if you plan to use a small dish. Sponsors such as SatelliteAV carry such products along with C-Band LNB brackets for Ku dishes. Good luck finding what you need and please be more specific so we can help!

1 meter prime focus? That would be quite rare and unusual.
Do you have some pictures?
A local church has a prime focus 1 or 1.2m, so I believe ya , but again, they aren't commonly seen by our guys.

As for getting C-band on a 1 meter dish, see below for some discussion, and more importantly see the list of satellites received.
It's not very extensive. - :rolleyes:

Linuxman on C-band with 1m round Primestar

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...-one-meter-primestar-mini-bud-experiment.html
- satellite list for 1m dish
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...mestar-mini-bud-experiment-7.html#post1509116

I'm thinking the one I saw was a microwave link.
It was aimed at the horizon.

Linuxman has a 6' prime-focus solid, in his collection.
It's got a tube extending out from the center of the dish, with the LNBF at the end.
edit: think it uses plastic sewer pipe to hold the LNBF. - :eek:
Looks just like the little dish on the church.

Yea, they're quite unique looking, but I'm up for anything that works! ;)

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)