LNB drift detected?

Stan Sherman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 7, 2006
I have installed a 24" dish for 129 and since doing this have not lost signal on 129. Since the software upgrade to 4.01 on my 622 I am getting a message under details that reads LNB drift 129 . I am not getting this message on my 211's \. Any idea what this message is referring to?

Stan,

Ezra posted a nice explanation over on DBS. In your case, substitute 129 for 61.5. Here is his explanation:

The lnbf drift is a feature of the super diagnostics dish is incorporating on its recvers to help warn of future lnbf failure... when you see this meassege the csr is to know that the lnbf is begining to drift and spiral twards failure.. the limits dish has imposed for acceptable operation are upto 5-6 in both + or - are ok... from 7-8 a technical report is supposed to be submited with your data and once you hit +/-8 you are to get your lnbf replaced and you will either pay for the service call or if you qualify you will get a trouble call (free tech) the better thing to do is to say you will change it yourself and just get the lnbf ra'd.. you will recver a new or remand lnbf in the mail via ups 2day shipping and then repl;ace it and ship the bad unit back with the included prepaid shipping label... if you have another single lnbf for your 61.5 dish replace it.... the even transponders are the ones that are drifting in your case and it will only get worse with time as the circuit degrades within the lnbf...dish won't offer to replace it unit it hits +/- 8.. you wont lose signal unitl it gets to +/- 10 though.. aprox.... hope this helps you out some..

S~

I had been getting this message on both of my dvrs right after I got L.401. I replaced all cables, seperators, diplexors and cleared out the matrix of both dvrs and then reran the check switch and no more problems with the lost sat signal or this drift message. The lost locks are still there and they are quite high on both dvrs - in the 40 range. I had it pop on my system information till I reran the cables like I said. I hope that there is no problem with my lnb since I just replaced them with a new 1000.2 sat dish.

I wonder if the lost locks are connected to this lnb drift?

Just replaced the LNB. No more drift and the problem I had locking on to even #TPs on 129 also has been fixed.

So when it states that there is lnbf drift it states the value of the drift? I have not seen this before but been hearing about it on the forums.

Did not notice I had a problem until the new software updates on the 211 to 365 and then the 622 to 4.01. I noted the difficulty on my beta bug report about the delay in channel lock on even TPs on 129. Today when looking at system info on the 622, I had the message LNB Drift Detected. Read this post, changed the LNB (used to have a dish pointed at 148) to the one from the unused dish 500 and no more problem Thanks

I wonder if the lost locks are due to the 622 receiver now defualting to the `105 satellite - which I DO NOT have. It sure would account for all 40 lost locks a day on both tuners. Everytime I go into the dish point screen it is set on 105 sat. IT used to tell you what sat and transponder you are on when you left a channel and went to the dish point screen. Now it is always on 105 and will tell you the real satellite on the bottom of the strength screen in red: NOT locked wrong satellite.

IT NEEDS TO BE FIXED. IF this is going on on all the newer receivers like the 622, 625, 211 then imagine all the calls to the tech department and all the rmas that will go on because of it.

I wonder if the lost locks are due to the 622 receiver now defualting to the `105 satellite - which I DO NOT have. It sure would account for all 40 lost locks a day on both tuners. Everytime I go into the dish point screen it is set on 105 sat. IT used to tell you what sat and transponder you are on when you left a channel and went to the dish point screen. Now it is always on 105 and will tell you the real satellite on the bottom of the strength screen in red: NOT locked wrong satellite.

IT NEEDS TO BE FIXED. IF this is going on on all the newer receivers like the 622, 625, 211 then imagine all the calls to the tech department and all the rmas that will go on because of it.

I have the same problem:mad:

New beta software to spool tonight

Just received a call from dish 4.01 team. They are spooling a beta version to some 622 receivers starting tonight with a general release next week to address the LNB drift issue. I informed him that I changed out the LNB and that fixed my issue, but was asked if I still wanted the beta release and I said yes. Evidently those who have reported the issue will receive the update tonight.

I'll ask again even though I asked in another thread you responded to; Will all beta testers get the fix or just the few that reported the bug? I would hope that all would get it to make sure it doesn't happen to anyone.

I'll ask again even though I asked in another thread you responded to; Will all beta testers get the fix or just the few that reported the bug? I would hope that all would get it to make sure it doesn't happen to anyone.

From my understanding, it will go to only those that reported the bug. At least for now, with posible general release next week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)