LNB Failing?

ecarl4100

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
Tennessee
I think my lnb may be failing. I'm losing signal at both recievers on both 119 and 110. The signal strength meter goes fron 0 to over 100 sporatically at both satellites. The dish was professionally installed and until recently no problems. Went out and looked at dish it's sturdy, nothing loose. Wanna try and fix it w/o having to pay for service call. I've got a quad500 lnb. Any guidance welcome, Thanks.

Put on the uad LNB and be sure to run the check switch. You might have a DP lnb and the quad might be a legacy.

Menu
check switch select
test
should find both 119 and 110 all ...and then cancel out and see if that fixes ur problem

When doing a check switch function, the display has always shown satellite reception verified. But the signal still kept messing up. What's Wierd though is the problem only happens during the heat of the day (around 100 today) at night it has been ok. This is really freaking me out. Do ya'll think the heat may be messing up and contributing to a failing lnb?

I am sorry i thought you had a spare LNB. Yes i just replaced a DP Quad that was losing signal when it got hot. I replaced it and they have not called back. I have replaced several dual LNB that showed signal but would not get a picture. I would have a blank screen. I have seen a few that take of the cover and run water over the LNB to cool it off and it would go to working.

Call and get DHPP for $6 and then call back and have Dish come out and replace it for $29.

I had experience w/heat failure of a C-Band LNB I thought it was the reciever because I could unplug it to let it cool down & all would start to work again. I finally found it by putting an Ice cube in a baggie and laying it atop the LNB, worked untill the cube melted!

I had the same problem like Bruno. I had a failare a few weeks ago. Signals 110/119 were bad. To find out the LNB was bad. Dish came over and replaced the LNB for $29.00 because I had the protection plan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)