Status
Please reply by conversation.

prsat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 5, 2004
Puerto Rico
Hi:
I have a 1.8 m Andrew antenna that's missing the lnb holder legs. Anyone knows where I can buy those? In the USA. Thx.

I have a set in my garage that I plan to use soon. :) They are available at Future Satellite. I don't have a link, but you can Google it.

EMT or metal electrical conduit perhaps. That stuff does not rust too easy or paint it.

I did try that but after a week and painted with a good rust proof paint they got rusty. And in about a month they bended and broke. I live very close to the beach. My friend has one with the original legs and they are in excellent shape and no rust. He lives in the same area. That's why I'm looking for the OEM legs. Thx

Last edited:
Try that too but all they sell in the island is the square tube and if the use the round one it is for a special job order. No luck there. I'll keep asking. Thx.

Why do not you for INOX tubes? They will never rust. There is my INOX construction for 1,8m dish. IMG_20150708_210558 (Large).jpg

FTA4PA I check with them, steel tubes cost around $16.25 ea. but the shipping to PR is $35.00 each tube. Is to much for me. I'll keep looking around, Thx.

Check with local ham radio operators.They often have aluminium tubing to build/repair antennas with...or they know the best sources to buy it.No longer than what you need,they might even give it to you.

If you know someone who flies from US to PR, you might ask them to carry the tubes as luggage. Probably have to package them, and might cost an extra baggage fee, but should be cheaper than $35/tube....

Why not have available pipes hot dip galvanized by a company in Puerto Rico? Google shows several galvanizing service companies.

If you chose shipping, many Caribbean customers use Miami freight forwarding services for large or odd shaped items.

I do find it odd that the seller that you mentioned doesn't bundle the pipes into a single package. The dim weight on that odd shaped package would be much higher than the combined actual weight. The cost to ship three should be about the same as a single pipe.

A+ for resourcefulness... Many years ago I saw a c-band dish in the Caribbean that had used bamboo poles for the LNB support arms. Not recommending, but I had a great laugh!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Universal lnbf holder for 90 cm geosatpro dish

RPi2, Openelec, TVHeadend and TBS-5980

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)