LNB NEEDED

Status
Please reply by conversation.

scopus338

Original poster
Dec 13, 2009
missouri
Hello I need some help finding a new C-Band LNB for my 10 footer.What makes and models have you had the best luck with and where do you get the buy from to get the most for your money.

Do you want a true LNB or an LNFB (Where the polarity is controller by voltage instead of a motor.)

It is my understanding that the Norsat 8115 C-Band Digital +/- 150KHz LNB is one of the better LNB's out there.

For suppliers check the link "Those listed below are our PROUD SatelliteGuys GOLD Sponsors!" at the top of every page here on Sateliteguys

What I'm needing is the type that polarity is controled by the servo motor.What I have read so far is that Norsat makes a good LNB.Are there any others that are close to the same quality?

Thanks guys for the info
Are there any LNBs you think I should stay away from? I afraid of buying one and later finding out I should have spent my money some where else or does it realy make any difference.I read somewhere that the cheap ones are about as good as the high$ ones but that hard for me to belive.:confused:

Buy the best you can afford. I couldn't afford much over 20 bucks, so I bought the cheaper ones, and they worked. But by all means, if you can afford a Norsat or California Amplifier, it will provide you a little better signal.

I got rid of my old servo horns and now I run all voltage controlled dual band feeds. best thing I ever did, a lot less cabling and still plenty of signal. I have not had a feed on either dish that I couldn't lock. :D

You usually get what you pay for. If you go cheap the chances of a subpar unit are higher. If you really want the best get a commercial grade LNB like the broadcast industry uses.

I have 2 Geosat pro LNBF's that I use for ku, they were cheap and still work fine after 2.5 years. I also have a commercial grade California Amplifier LNB on my C band dish. I purchased it new in 89, $200.00. It has been running 24/7 365 since November 89 (except for a few hours here and there, maintenance, power failures etc) It has been flawless.

I also heard horror stories of cheap LNB's dieing fast, drifting etc. So you be the judge.

I use the Norsat 8115 and it's great, I played with the cheap stuff and they will never go on my feedhorn for more that a few days to play with, Cal amp has great lnb's as well, plus I think Norsat has a 3 year warranty on there lnb's now.

I suggest you stay away from this model from DMS International (at least if you're gonna use a Coolsat 6000)

qp15si.jpg

I have tried for 2 weeks straight to set it up using a Coolsat 6000 and haven't been able to do it, there seems to be some issue with the polarity and voltage, I bought 2 of these and none work.

In my experience there is nothing better than Chaparral, ive had my chaparral feedhorn and LNB for C Band for almost 20 years and it's still working, only thing I had to replace was the servo motor 2 times.

I just bought a cheap LNB for Ku Band and will use a Ku2C bracket to test if I can get Ku Band with my 10 footer

a good old school corotor II or similiar feedhorn paired with norsat lnbs will give you the best performance. You have to have an analog receiver to control the servo motor' on the feedhorn.

I have a Norsat 8215 on my Chaparral feed, works great so far. My Pansat controls the polarizer motor. Check the Sponsor's links at the top, there are some new LNBf units for c/Ku that might work too. Might try one of those on a second dish here (if I ever get around to ordering it!).
-C.

the straight C band lnbf's work great. the combo c/ku lnbf's as good as they sound don't perform so well on Ku in my opinion.

a feedhorn and good norsat is the key. I run a norsat 8215 c band and a norsat ku lnb

From what i have read the best lnbs are the servo feed horns with a good lnb. I was looking for a good receiver controlled polarity lnb or lnbf assembly. Any suggestions what the best one is? Thanks!

Hi guys I am new here, just found out about the site.
I just replaced my Eagle Aspen LNB with another one today, I have had the Eagle on the dish for at least 8 years, it just started to drift a few days ago, I had a new in the box 17* Eagle Aspen laying around, I guess I will see how it goes, but had good luck with the first one.
Terry

lnb's live a bad life outside on the dish. it would be like putting your laptop outside in a box and expecting it to last a long time in the hot and cold.

lnb's have tight tolerances that they have to maintain in unfriendly conditions.
its amazing to me they even work as long as they do.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)