Gbox? New at C-band, but making progress

Status
Please reply by conversation.

crosspaws

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 27, 2009
Grand Haven MI
? On my fortec Star if I store 84w at position 29 on the fortec than go to 91w and store it at 29 is this the same 29 as when I set up on 84w. Nex ? when moving the gbox do the numbers represent some degree of movement that i can understand.

Pleas help me under stand.
Thanks Eric

Eric,

Store different satellite locations in different slots.

Numbers on the GBox display do not represent degrees. It is only a count of steps (pulses) of movement.

Last edited:
Crosspaws...The neat thing once you get the various sats programmed in the Gbox, if one is out of sync...it's easy to use the resync button on the remote to align them all at once. I wanted to tweak 91w one day....I went to 91w on the gbox. Then pushed the "resync" button on the remote until the gbox flashed "resync" on the front. Then bump the dish left or right until the signal is strongest. When finished push ok. It automatically lines up all the rest of the satellites. One feature that I usec alot. Blind

I am starting to get the hang of it. I was confused about how to locate the different sats. I Finley went to the stb sat I wanted than made sure that I had a transponder that worked plugged in. Next I just kept moving the dish with the Gbox E/W buttons until the transponder lit good with quality. Than went to the Dsq 1.2 location and stored it in. I did not know I would have to do this for each sat., it is much different the using USAL on my 1.2m ku dish. The only other thing I did not know was how to set LNB. The only thing that might have helped would have been a better explanation of how the Gbox works. I thought that once you had the dish set right and one sat dialed in the Gbox would be able to calculate the next move. But I see now do the the variation of dish size and actuator's what that is not the case. I am getting their and finding many sats to look at. Thanks all for the help so far.

Ooops sorry my Gbox is being used as a standalone box. I don't have it running thru my receiver. I didn't think to tell you that when I did my earlier posting. Keep messing with it as the Gbox is pretty cool. Blind

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)