LNB problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TiminMb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I'm trying to set up a fixed dish on a new satellite. I used a brand new Xtreme II lnb and set it up for 10750 LO as per the box. I'm getting nothing. I even tried pointing the satellite dish at my true south to test the setup, nothing.

So I then tried connecting the new cable going to the lnb from port 3 on the disec switch to my previous existing dish setup that uses a universal lnb and it pointed with a motor. Everything perfect. shows the new cable and disec port 3 switch works.

So, in final frustation, I remove the lnb from the old working dish and install the new Xtreme II lnb. Nothing. Can't get signal over 60%, no quality. Using settings of 10750 LO, Disceq switch port 3 (which worked in prior test). Tried nudging the dish. Zip. So can I conclude the LNB is faulty?

BTW, I'm not sure how tough lnb's are. This one was mailed to me from the seller, no padding or extra packaging. Just postage on the thin, unpadded box and thrown in the mail. Are LNB's fairly tough or fragile?

Is the extremeII a universal also? I guess you tried changing the LO freq on the setup menu, just to see if it worked that way......

The XTreme II is a Standard

Tim...there is notch on the LNB and that is zero skew. Its weird compared to other LNB's I've seen

Attachments

• x2-5.jpg
    x2-5.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 124
The XTreme II is a Standard

Tim...there is notch on the LNB and that is zero skew. Its weird compared to other LNB's I've seen
x2-5.jpg

Bingo!!! That was the problem. I feel like an idiot. I spent so much time on the roof last night and this morning talking to my wife on daughter on the phone as I adjusted the dish.

Thanks, now I can go back to the flipped dish with a setup that I know works now and look for Hispasat 30.

Bingo!!! That was the problem. I feel like an idiot.

don't feel like an idiot. I had one of those LNB's and thought it was bunk because it wouldn't work on G10. Then someone showed me that picture and I was like "D'OH!!"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)