Lnb question /Signal amp ???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blindowl1234

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
SouthWest Ohio
I have more questions.....First do these in line signal amps work? The ones that sell for under $15.oo or so. Also after installing my SG2100 motor this week and finally getting it aligned I think, the signal strength on several sats is low. If I get a decent signal on say 95w,99w or 103w I lose white springs or maybe a few channels on 123W. Cant find that sweet spot to keep everything coming in. Do to the trees nearby I can't get anything below 95W anyway at this point. I've noticed several sats will be at the threshold point of losing the signal. Any ideas? Also what is the proper adjust on a KU lnb as far as the focal point? The distance to the dish...How do you know the correct distance 1/2" to 3/4" one way or the other? Closer or farther from the center of the dish. Thanks! Blind:)

I take it that you have a 33" or bigger. If you do then the length of the arm is correct. No need to alter anything, now as for the LNB, the less .db the better. Less Noise means better signal.

Usually in line amps will degrade the signal rather than improve. The only time that I have used an inline amp with improvement was with a 300+ foot run from a remote dish location.

Many hobbyists have found that the motor loop though attenuates signals to an unacceptable level.

Try bypassing the motor and connecting directly to the LNBF. Does the Signal Quality reading improve? If so, consider connecting a quality high frequency All Port Power Passing (2300GHz, 2x1, APPP) splitter on the coax line from the receiver. Run one leg to the motor input and the other leg to the LNBF.

Thanks! for the info so far it's a cold but sunny morning and the signals seem to have improved slightly on their own...guess we'll wait til later and bypass the motor etc..Thanks! Blind:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DVBViewer and dvbworld 2104 help

C-Tech 5000 HD Combo Plus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)