LNB replacement

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wvubeerman

Original poster
Feb 12, 2010
greensboro
Hi,
I have a slimline dish and should have had a three port system. but I only have one line coming out and there is three bolts on the rest of my LNB. I purchased a sl3pig-wnc that has four ports, but when I hooked it up to the slimline it did not work. I know that I did not move the dish, because I put the original LNB back on and it works great. Any suggestion on how to solve my problem?

Hi,
I have a slimline dish and should have had a three port system. but I only have one line coming out and there is three bolts on the rest of my LNB. I purchased a sl3pig-wnc that has four ports, but when I hooked it up to the slimline it did not work. I know that I did not move the dish, because I put the original LNB back on and it works great. Any suggestion on how to solve my problem?

the one cable LNB is a SWM LNB. did you READ the lnb itself, does it say SWM?

the 4 port one would be a regular LNB which can use 4 outs.

SWM has a power inserter, which powers the single cable LNB.

remove that, install your SL3 that has the 4 cables, and then repeat the dish set up to SL 3 non SWM.

why are you doing this? why replacing a PERFECTLY great SWM set up over a more cabling mess on a 4 cable LNB?

Im confused. really you should leave this to the professionals when you do something like this. not only did you waste money on a LNB that is probably not right on your set up as it is now. SWM is an advantage.. especially if you have a DVR system. bc with the SL3 that has all 4 cables, will require 2 cables to the dvr.. .and on a SWM, it only needs ONE cable to act as a 2 cable to the DVR.

Im really lost for words here.

for one, why did you decide to take down the SL3S down and install a SL3? SL3 wil not work with a SWM system.. if you got a SWM splitter installed.. your SL3 with the 4 cables coming out will NOT work with this either. you just spent more money on something that is a wrong set up of what you are trying to do.

what im really confused is why you are doing this to begin with.. didnt you say when you took the SL3 single wire off, you installed the 4 wire LNB and did NOT work.. then installed the SL3 single wire back on.. it worked.. so why are you fussing with it????? WHY???

Last edited:
the one cable LNB is a SWM LNB. did you READ the lnb itself, does it say SWM?

the 4 port one would be a regular LNB which can use 4 outs.

SWM has a power inserter, which powers the single cable LNB.

remove that, install your SL3 that has the 4 cables, and then repeat the dish set up to SL 3 non SWM.

why are you doing this? why replacing a PERFECTLY great SWM set up over a more cabling mess on a 4 cable LNB?

Im confused. really you should leave this to the professionals when you do something like this. not only did you waste money on a LNB that is probably not right on your set up as it is now. SWM is an advantage.. especially if you have a DVR system. bc with the SL3 that has all 4 cables, will require 2 cables to the dvr.. .and on a SWM, it only needs ONE cable to act as a 2 cable to the DVR.

Im really lost for words here.

for one, why did you decide to take down the SL3S down and install a SL3? SL3 wil not work with a SWM system.. if you got a SWM splitter installed.. your SL3 with the 4 cables coming out will NOT work with this either. you just spent more money on something that is a wrong set up of what you are trying to do.

what im really confused is why you are doing this to begin with.. didnt you say when you took the SL3 single wire off, you installed the 4 wire LNB and did NOT work.. then installed the SL3 single wire back on.. it worked.. so why are you fussing with it????? WHY???

Way to greet a first time poster!:no

Hi,

How many connections are there on the lnb to attach a cable to?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts