LNB strength.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cappy29

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 12, 2005
Aliquippa,p.a
Hi, i just got back to messing aroud with my bud after buying a dsr 922 off of ebay, but compared to the last time i used the dish the signal is much lower as it stands right now i can't receive G5 at all i had to change my lnb because the one that was on there went bad and put the same one back on but new, the only thing is the lnb sat around in my house for about 4-6 years is it possible the lnb lost strength just from sitting,i also have tried retuning the dish but can't get the signal any higher.

I have 2-lnb's here new in a box over 15 years of age an pulled them out last week when I was setting up another dish with a Ortho feed (lnb's Drake 25" with running SN#) an they worked great. but I would say no as long as lnb was kept away from mositure, an it was never droped or something like that.

may want to check inside you're feed throat to see if any bee's have decided to have a home their, that will drop signal big time. an also ran into where corrision lowered the digtal signal about 40 percent, all inside the feed throat was a white dust, 1st tried to clean it out an help some what but then changed feed out an signal came up. live down in south Fla an that will rust or rought anthing away in time, execpt stainless steel.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts