LNBF - C/Ku band recommendations

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

BuckmasterBC

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2011
Bridge Lake, BC
My dish has an old Startrak c band lnbf. I'd like to get a C/Ku lnbf so that I can receive Ku band - is it worth it? If so, what lnbf is recommended? I have been looking at getting the BSC621-2D as I want to run individual lines.

I'm using a 741 with my 4d and pansat on a 10 foot dish. I just ran two lines and did not hook up the internal switch on the lnbf. Some people don't like the lnbf, (741) but I have no complaints as my signals and quality seem to be the same over c and Ku bands.

I use the DMX741 standard and use a single cable!switching between c and ku is done by the built in 22khz switch.Some people have had problems getting good reception on both c and ku but with alittle work and patients it can be done.For me i was able to find a sweet spot setting it up giving me real good c and ku reception.

Not sure what dish you have. But I also use a 741 standard c/ku lnb on a 6' dish and as stanleyjohn says, works pretty good when you find that sweet spot. But I have an Dual Ortho to play with and I might go with that;)

My dish has an old Startrak c band lnbf. I'd like to get a C/Ku lnbf so that I can receive Ku band - is it worth it? If so, what lnbf is recommended? I have been looking at getting the BSC621-2D as I want to run individual lines.
My own experience is that the bsc621 did not perform as well as the DMX741.

I have both the DMX741 & 741U...Personally I like the 741 a little better, but it is a little more sensitive on Ku which can be an aggravation on windy days.

All in all, I think the 741 does a better job on Ku.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts