LNBF - C/Ku band recommendations

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BuckmasterBC

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2011
Bridge Lake, BC
My dish has an old Startrak c band lnbf. I'd like to get a C/Ku lnbf so that I can receive Ku band - is it worth it? If so, what lnbf is recommended? I have been looking at getting the BSC621-2D as I want to run individual lines.

I'm using a 741 with my 4d and pansat on a 10 foot dish. I just ran two lines and did not hook up the internal switch on the lnbf. Some people don't like the lnbf, (741) but I have no complaints as my signals and quality seem to be the same over c and Ku bands.

I use the DMX741 standard and use a single cable!switching between c and ku is done by the built in 22khz switch.Some people have had problems getting good reception on both c and ku but with alittle work and patients it can be done.For me i was able to find a sweet spot setting it up giving me real good c and ku reception.

Not sure what dish you have. But I also use a 741 standard c/ku lnb on a 6' dish and as stanleyjohn says, works pretty good when you find that sweet spot. But I have an Dual Ortho to play with and I might go with that;)

My dish has an old Startrak c band lnbf. I'd like to get a C/Ku lnbf so that I can receive Ku band - is it worth it? If so, what lnbf is recommended? I have been looking at getting the BSC621-2D as I want to run individual lines.
My own experience is that the bsc621 did not perform as well as the DMX741.

I have both the DMX741 & 741U...Personally I like the 741 a little better, but it is a little more sensitive on Ku which can be an aggravation on windy days.

All in all, I think the 741 does a better job on Ku.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts