LNBF Gain

Status
Please reply by conversation.

VelociRacer

Original poster
Mar 6, 2008
Let's say you have 2 LNBFs, they are made by the same company and have the same specs except one is single and one is dual output. Is the single output going to provide better gain or higher output than dual? I am just thinking there may be some loss due to splitting the signal down 2 paths instread of 1. Anyone familiar with LNBF guts? I'd like to pick your brain please. Thanks!

no difference. I've swapped out a single C-Band LNB to a dual and saw no loss in signal

On my KU setups I mainly use duals. Signal is just fine. Now some duals may be crappier than others but the outputs on the LNB are the same :)

It depends on the model of LNBF. Many European users have found that Invacom Quad Universal LNBFs outperform Invacom single LNBFs on weak signals.

It has always been my impression that, from a design standpoint, gain is easy to get in an LNB. The biggest trick is low noise in the amplifier strings. I think most now are pretty low noise ICs with not too many discrete components to keep the noise down. Now that I've typed that, I'm not sure it helps too much. Good Luck!

Eric in Maine

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)