LNBF skew with motor and MicroHD...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

honkj

Original poster
Jul 9, 2012
colorado
first, warning... complete newbie...
second, i hope i'm on correct thread for this type of question, move if necessary...

with GeoSatPro 90, a GeoSatPro microHD, the LNBF sL1PLL, a SG2100 motor, and my latitude of 40degrees, long 105, it appears to me my sat for true south is 105 w AMC 15.18KU, is this satellite a strong/good signal to test with? (not that i know what that means yet) and with a motor, what in the world do i set the skew of the LNBF to? it looks like -0.3 degrees R, (which i am not sure is clockwise or counter-clock yet, (what does R stand for))... but it list all kinds of skews for all the other satellites)

(apparently i can't show link but satelliteguys calc.php link)

I assume with a motor, that you are to set it for your center satellite and LNBF skew, correct? and then when it rotates, it seems like there is no way it could keep the skews correct? so what is going on there?

(motor manual says i should set the elevation of the motor to it's markings which is 50 degrees, which I assume is set for actual 43.7 degrees? which is what this chart shows, although it also is having me set the GeoSatPro90 elevation mark to another degree, which might explain this too).... i'll test for optimum signal afterward, but wanted to understand that.. (not that i know yet how to test for optimum signal)...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts