lnbs and multi switch combinations problems, whats broke?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

i4tas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
Northern USA
This is a dual ortho setup. I have two identical c-band lnbs. with a multi-switch V/H at the dish. When i have it setup correctly I get no signal on the Vertical transponders. When cross the wires (reverse polarity) I have no signal on the horizontal (actually vertical) transponders. I have tried 3 different multi-switches all have the same problem. If i connect the wire straight up without a switch both lnbs work fine. If I use a diseqc switch to flip between the two both work fine (high and low lnb voltages tested). If I have just the vertical lnb hooked up to the 13V port and dont connect the H lnb, it works fine, the moment I connect both the problem comes back.

The problem seems to be a bad lnb, an lnb that doesnt work only when there is a switch in the line.

what happens when you have it cabled up normally and switch the polarity of the tps on the reciever ? do both lnbs function then ?

crackt out,.

what happens when you have it cabled up normally and switch the polarity of the tps on the reciever ? do both lnbs function then ?

crackt out,.

I get complete functionality out of the horizontal side, and i get 0% signal and good quality from the vertical side. If i take a good horizontal signal and in the menu switch the polarity of that TP to vertical i get zero signal but still see quality, (so the switches are working).

? You are feeding both LNB's with 18volts right. And not 18v to one and 13v to the other. You need 18volts running to both, from why I read in your post you will need to use the Diseqc. On your receiver you need two channel list for each sat, one for horizontal tp's and one for vertical tp's. Setup your receiver lnb freq set to 5150 and diseqc 1 for Horizontal. And lnb freq set to 5750 and Diseqc 2 for the Vertical List. Hope this help's you out.

Last edited:
? You are feeding both LNB's with 18volts right. And not 18v to one and 13v to the other. You need 18volts running to both, from why I read in your post you will need to use the Diseqc. On your receiver you need two channel list for each sat, one for horizontal tp's and one for vertical tp's. Setup your receiver lnb freq set to 5150 and diseqc 1 for Horizontal. And lnb freq set to 5750 and Diseqc 2 for the Vertical List. Hope this help's you out.

I have concluded that I have a "bad" lnb. The 18 volts seems to not be an issue. If I hook up the good lnb to the 13Volt port and the "bad" lnb to the 18Volt port only the Vertical (13Volt) transponders come in, so it has nothing to do with voltage levels. This "bad" lnb only works when used without any switch or a diseqc switch, for what reason I do not know... (it worked good for about a month). My temporary solution is the diseqc solution, but i just ordered some new norsat lnbs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)