Please reply by conversation.

Wescopc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 11, 2005
Canby, Oregon
I Just setup a T90 dish. I have a "universal" LNBF on AMC 3 - works fine. I want to change the LNB to a "standard" so that I can use a 22khz switch. When I installed a new "standard" LNB I lost the PBS stations. Is this a result of the standard LNB that I have being less sensitive then the universal? Or are "standard" LNBs normally less sensitive? What would be the best standard LNB to use?
Bob

Check to make sure the LO freq is setup correctly (10750) for the standard LNBF.

List the Brand, model #, Noise Figure, and stability for the LNBFs:
UNIVERSAL:
STANDARD:

Some LNBFs perform better than others. It is not a matter of UNI vs STD. The stability and NF are more important.

I Just setup a T90 dish. I have a "universal" LNBF on AMC 3 - works fine. I want to change the LNB to a "standard" so that I can use a 22khz switch. When I installed a new "standard" LNB I lost the PBS stations. Is this a result of the standard LNB that I have being less sensitive then the universal? Or are "standard" LNBs normally less sensitive? What would be the best standard LNB to use?
Bob

you have to set up the LNB LO correctly

Universal is either "Universal" or 10600 LO 22k on
Standard is 10750

Belive me. I know the feeling. Just swapped a LNB on my T90 yesterday and I wondered why I couldn't get a signal. Checked my menu and I had it set for Universal and it was a standard LNB I hooked up (D'OH)

I know what you are talking about Ice - I have done that even on this new install. But in this case I am not loosing the satellite. I still have Montana and the Patient channels. I lose the weaker PBS channels using the standard LNB.
Bob

Wait a minute.

If you've a T90, don't they need a special type of "reverse" LNBF (either Standard or Universal) to make it work?

Sadoun
List the Brand, model #, Noise Figure, and stability for the LNBFs:
UNIVERSAL:
STANDARD:

Some LNBFs perform better than others. It is not a matter of UNI vs STD. The stability and NF are more important.

The Universal is a FORTEC STAR Single Universal LNBF, Noise .4 dB, stability +/- 2 MHz @ -40 C - +60 C.

The Standard is a GEOSATpro Bullet LNBF, Noise .4dB, stability +/- 1 MHz @ -40 C - +70 C.
Bob

Wait a minute.

If you've a T90, don't they need a special type of "reverse" LNBF (either Standard or Universal) to make it work?

no. Just the DBS satellites do. They need a "reverse polarity" LNB

I have all Standard LNB'd (mostly Sadoun duals) on my T90

I know what you are talking about Ice - I have done that even on this new install. But in this case I am not loosing the satellite. I still have Montana and the Patient channels. I lose the weaker PBS channels using the standard LNB.
Bob

I know PBS right now is pretty weak even on my motorized. Montana & the other ones (Daystar, Tip TV, etc) are all strong

Bob

I know the Fortec LNBF is an excellent one. We have been selling it for over 5 years now with hardly any problems.

Our Sadoun KUL1 and KUL2 STANDARD lnbfs have great performance. I have seen them out perform other brands hands down. We also just introduced our new Sadoun ULN1 & ULN2 UNIVERSAL lnbfs which have the same performance as the STANDARD models.

In your case, try adjusting the STD LNBF in/out in its holder. Also, don't skew it as the T90 takes care of the skew. If all fails and still can't get a decent signal for the PBS, it could be that the LNBF is not strong enough to pull the signal.

B Also, don't skew it as the T90 takes care of the skew.

actually in some cases skewing the LNB helps the signal. I have learned that 0 skew isnt the best in some cases. Most of mine on the eastern side (85,79,74,72) are skewed around 8-10 (I forget which way it is but if you are behind the LNB its to the left off the center spot)

8-10 degrees is fine. Whatever gets you the biggest sigal strength and quality. In general, the Dish Skew takes care of the skew needed on the linear LNBFs. The circulat LNBFs will not need any skew

As a customer of Fortec equipment from Sadoun, the Fortec universal LNBF is an outstanding unit. Over three years in use and despite lightining and two hurricanes, it keeps on ticking!

As a customer of Fortec equipment from Sadoun, the Fortec universal LNBF is an outstanding unit. Over three years in use and despite lightining and two hurricanes, it keeps on ticking!

I agree with bulldog, I have two fortec lnb's that went under water during katrina and they still work great. Even my wingard dish still works great(after I cleaned the mud off of it:D )

Thanks all,
The Fortec is a great LNBF, however it is not produced in a standard version as far as I know. So I am open to what you have all found to be the best Standard LNBF. I have tried all of the tweeks suggested by Sadoun, and clearly the Fortec is the better LNBF. But to work a 22KHz switch I need a Standard. I will give the KUL series a try, as Sadoun suggested.
Bob

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)