Loading a Channel List

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvwatchingdude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2007
I know theres a way of loading up a channel list to your computer so that if you have multiple recievers, you can just load the list from your computer to your receivers so you dont have to manually do each one.

I think you have to do one reciever manually, and then upload the list to your computer, using a RS 232 cable. Then you can transfer it to multiple receivers using that same cable.

Am I correct?

What kind of software is needed to do this?

Can you use any kind of recievers such as different brands?

Your help is truly appreciated.

For the Pansat 2800 you can download the channel loader from Pansat's Website under "downloads". and use channel master to edit or backup the channel list.

I don't think the Pansat 9200 is supported by channel master, but Pansat has an editor for the Pansat 9200HD (PVR) which can also be downloaded from their website.

I don't think that there is a way to transfer channel lists between those two models :(

For the 2800 you will need to use the RS-232 Null Modem Cable.
The Pansat 9200 You can use the RS-232 Null Modem Cable, or a USB stick,
I am not sure if you can connect it directly to the computer using the USB port.

to answer the original question, if the receivers are supported by Channelmaster, then YES you can load form one to another. I have a Pansat 1500, Coolsat 5000 and GeoSatPro 200 and I can load the same channels into all 3 if I wanted.

I've also posted the KU "master" list of sats from 72-129 for various receivers here

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts