loaner receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvlessinRosamond

Original poster
Feb 27, 2009
central, il
I had a major malfunction the other day.Some kind of a power surge fried both my receivers (a refurbished hr20-600 and dont know the other one) A local service provider gave a loaner D10 and a new 6x8 multi-switch and now i have nothing. I have two questions will the d10 power the switch and do the cables have to be in a certain order on the input side of said switch.

Thanks
Scott

I had a major malfunction the other day.Some kind of a power surge fried both my receivers (a refurbished hr20-600 and dont know the other one) A local service provider gave a loaner D10 and a new 6x8 multi-switch and now i have nothing. I have two questions will the d10 power the switch and do the cables have to be in a certain order on the input side of said switch.

Thanks
Scott
The input side of the switch doesn't matter, you'll want 4 lines from the dish to the input side. The rest will be done internally.
A loaner D10 seems odd .... You now have NOTHING ?

Jimbo

no not a thing haven't watched TV since Wednesday morning. They tried to say lightning but nothing else in the house was effected. It even fried the surge protector!

no not a thing haven't watched TV since Wednesday morning. They tried to say lightning but nothing else in the house was effected. It even fried the surge protector!

Maybe it fried the LNB/dish set up.
Can you tell if you can get power to the rec., do you see a D* banner or anything ?
You say you got nothing, does that mean no channels, or no picture at all.

At one point all i had was the D* logo then I decided to plug in the H20 receiver and have been able to download software, but still can't do a setup gonna unplug and go to bed try again in morning

got the loaner tuner working finally,had to replace theLNBs have my basic package but no locals but better than nothing now my kids can watch Spongebob whoopee!!

I still dont understand the concept of the loaner receiver, in fact, i didnt think any hsp did that, a service call should have replaced the defective units, i would call d* and say hey whats up with this... you should have a nice hr21-22-23 sitting there :) the switch replaced seems odd if you only have a dvr and one other box, doesnt seem necessary, i would try to cut out the hsp and just see who d* sends. Pray for a contractor... just my 3 cents... (my opinion is worth more than 2 :p)

I have found a contractor that will work with me even though he didn't do the original install he even got with me on Saturday to get me new LNB's Think will use him from now on.

Once again thanks guys.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)