local abc hd /DNS. abc hd Portland, OR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

skihoodoo

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 10, 2008
PERSHING COUNTY NV
our local station KATU HD has not been available for 4 hours there is a message on the screen saying there is a problem SD is fine i am wondering when we will get one of the DNS abc hd channels if this continues.
no other stations are affected.
OTA KATU HD is working so i have no clue why its off on directv.

as of 1:48 pm ch. is back on but there are still some issues

Last edited:
I've been wondering the same thing. Does this have anything to do with those Fisher contracts or what? I hope they fix it soon, this Patriots game is a blowout and I was really getting a kick out of their 24/7 round the clock "zomg look at the snow!!11" storm coverage.

Fisher's contract with Directv was signed much later than Dish's so I doubt that is an issue (it's probably something technical). Fisher's flagship station (KOMO Seattle) is still coming in fine. Directv has even been running ads in the Seattle Times telling Dish customers that they can still get ABC if they switch.

Directv has even been running ads in the Seattle Times telling Dish customers that they can still get ABC if they switch.

Yeah they've been doing that here in Portland too.

On a side note I'm having problems with the signal on all my locals dropping out today and I'm assuming its because theres about a 1/4" layer of ice on the face of the dish from all this freezing rain.

Any protips on getting that junk off there without killing myself? I already tried climbing a ladder with an ice scraper duct taped to a stick but it almost ended horribly so I gave that up... :(

Napalm? :D

Maybe a hose hooked to the drain spigot on your hot water heater.

I've been lucky (and surprised) with no problems so far. I can't see the dish surface without climbing on the roof (which probably has 8-10 in. of snow so I'm not going to do that). Fortunately we usually don't have anywhere close to what these storms have dumped or I'd get a dish warmer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)