Local Channel and Spotbeam Question / Issue

mtxmiller

Original poster
Oct 21, 2012
PA
I'm a Dish network subscriber and live in the Lawrenceville PA area (16929). I'm required legally to recieve Elmira NY local networking (WENY) on Sat 119W. These channels are total garbage and are far below standard def quality (text is hard to read, comes in and out of focus etc.). I have two dishes for this, one is a Dish 500 and the other is the newer HD Dish.

I need to find out which spotbeams I'm in so that I can tell Dish I'm moving to a new zip code and I'll get at least normal quality local stations. I already had Dish switch me to 16923 (about an hour west) to try to get Buffalo's local stations beacuse I know people that live there that get them. After about 2 hours I did not see any of the Buffalo channels show up. Can someone give me some recommendations on what spotbeams will work / what I can do to fix this issue?

Thanks.

You may have to call in for a re-hit,there have been several that have (moved) in the last few weeks that had to do that.

You must be in that ONE county in PA that has Elmira locals
The county next to you has Buffalo locals so you should be able to get them.....if you have the right dish setup

Both were hooked up. The HD dish points SW I believe. When I changed the zip to 16923 I unplugged the Dish 500 ran check switch and everything. Unplugged the box and let it reset.

I called back and asked for a re-hit and the lady made me change the zip back to 16929 so I'm back to where I started. Are you sure the 16923 I had in should work if I have them send a re-hit?

Both were hooked up. The HD dish points SW I believe. When I changed the zip to 16923 I unplugged the Dish 500 ran check switch and everything. Unplugged the box and let it reset.

I called back and asked for a re-hit and the lady made me change the zip back to 16929 so I'm back to where I started. Are you sure the 16923 I had in should work if I have them send a re-hit?
That zip thing is to get what elevation and azimuth the dish needs to be aimed at....you can put in 00000 or 99701 for all it cares. That zip thing is a moot point

I actually had the DISH network rep change it to 16923 on my service address. When I called back to see if they could re-hit got a different rep and they made me change it back to 16929 (my true zip).

It looks like I may have gotten lucky when I got the first rep to change it. Do I need to pretend I'm moving there or something or just ask to change the service address to my parents address where I know they get Buffalo (16923).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts