Local channel lost?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

swampman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 22, 2006
South Louisiana
I receive my locals through OTA antenna so I can watch them in HD. Yesterday my local CBS affiliate listed in the EPG changed from 10-1 to 56-1 (which is their official digital number). Yet when I tune to 56-1, it's a blank screen with a "searching for signal on off air tuner" message. The channel banner at top of screen shows the proper channel information, but on a blank screen. :confused: I tried resetting the receiver and rescanning OTA channels and nothing works. Called Directv and they didnt seem to know what the problem was. Anyone ever experience this?

I receive my locals through OTA antenna so I can watch them in HD. Yesterday my local CBS affiliate listed in the EPG changed from 10-1 to 56-1 (which is their official digital number). Yet when I tune to 56-1, it's a blank screen with a "searching for signal on off air tuner" message. The channel banner at top of screen shows the proper channel information, but on a blank screen. :confused: I tried resetting the receiver and rescanning OTA channels and nothing works. Called Directv and they didnt seem to know what the problem was. Anyone ever experience this?

It's a very common problem. The DVRs use guide data from Tribune that tells the DVR where to find each channel. If the station changed its channel allocation, they needed to tell Tribune so the guide data can be changed, otherwise your DVR is looking for the station in the wrong place. It may take a couple of days for the change to be reflected in the guide, but if it does not happen you can e-mail Tribune using the link on this page Give Us Feedback - Zap2it

Ok thanks for the link. But the station didn't just recently change the channel allocation. Since it went to digital 2-3 years ago, it's been 56-1, but appears as 10-1 in my EPG. Unless there has been some sort of change in the last couple of days. Dunno. But it doesn't appear to be a hardware problem, as all the rest of my OTA locals are unchanged.

Swamp,
Try calling the local station and talk to the Chief Engineer, or emailing them if you can explain yourself well enough to them.
It could be something that has changed and something that they need to forward as well.

Check the Lafayette,LA OTA thread at avsforum and you will see others with the same issue. Recently something happened with their PSIP on that station. All attempts to reach the station has failed. Good ole bankrupt Young Broadcasting for ya.

Swamp,
Try calling the local station and talk to the Chief Engineer, or emailing them if you can explain yourself well enough to them.
It could be something that has changed and something that they need to forward as well.

OK thanks.

Check the Lafayette,LA OTA thread at avsforum and you will see others with the same issue. Recently something happened with their PSIP on that station. All attempts to reach the station has failed. Good ole bankrupt Young Broadcasting for ya.

OK I'll do that. "All attempts to reach the station has failed." Does that mean they took the phone off the hook? :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)